1. Reporting Positive COVID-19 Cases on Campus
As the number of COVID-19 cases in Tennessee continues to surge, it is important that the following situations be reported to UTHSC:
- You have a positive diagnosis of COVID-19
- You are required to self-isolate or quarantine, per University or physician direction
- You live with someone who has a positive diagnosis of COVID-19
How to report COVID-19 situations on campus:
Employees and students who test positive for COVID-19 should be prepared to provide the names of individuals on campus with whom they have had close contact during the 48 hours prior to the onset of symptoms or a positive test.
Following current CDC guidelines:
- Individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are not experiencing any symptoms of the illness do not need to quarantine following an exposure
- Vaccinated individuals should get tested 3-5 days after the date of exposure and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days after exposure or until a negative test result is received
- Individuals who have not been fully vaccinated will be required to remain off campus in quarantine for 10 days
- Non-vaccinated individuals sharing a household with a COVID-19 positive individual must remain off campus in quarantine for 20 days
UTHSC encourages all faculty, staff, and students to get vaccinated as soon as possible. Visit vaccines.gov to locate COVID-19 vaccines available near you.
If you have any questions regarding COVID-19 safety protocols on campus, please contact Tim Barton, Chief Safety Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.