Copy
View this email in your browser

👋Hello friends, 

Welcome to The Strive Journal, a roundup of 1 - 5 cool things I found and learned this week. 

If you enjoy this newsletter enough to share it with friends, you can do so with any of the icons here:

Share Share
Tweet Tweet
Forward Forward
Let's begin.

1) 2022 reading challenge

📚 Looking to set a reading challenge? @AlexandBooks shared an interesting tweet about how much time it takes to read certain quantities of books.

Of course, it depends on the reading speed and size of the book but it presents a good template for anyone thinking of this for a new years' resolution. 

2) Boredom


⏱️ “To simply wait and be bored has become a novel experience in modern life, but from the perspective of concentration training, it’s incredibly valuable.”
- Cal Newport
 

3) Person of the year

🏅 Elon Musk is TIME's 'Person of The Year'. I already planned to write about the incredible things Musk is working on, but TIME beat me to it. I'll share what I wrote below but the article written in the TIME starts with a good hook I wanted to share: 

"The richest man in the world does not own a house and has recently been selling off his fortune. He tosses satellites into orbit and harnesses the sun; he drives a car he created that uses no gas and barely needs a driver." - Molly Ball, TIMES
Elon recently did an interview with The Wallstreet Journal and updated the public on a few of his companies upcoming projects:
  • Don't imagine Tesla as a car company, view it as a robot company. Every vehicle uploads what it sees, learns, and interprets from its daily outings. Tesla is collecting enormous amounts of data on advanced practical AI to improve autonomous driving (driving without human aid). Eventually, it will be enough to teach Tesla cars (robots) to drive themselves anywhere. 
     
  • Testing has been increasingly positive for Neuralink, and Musk thinks it has a chance of returning full-body functionality to individuals with spinal cord injuries in the next couple of years. That would mean reversing many cases of paralysis! 
     
  • SpaceX is currently creating Starship which will be their ticket to interplanetary travel (mentioned in the last journal). Starship is the largest rocket ever built and it will be re-usable. If successful, the rocket will be looked back on as the fundamental breakthrough in traveling to other planets. 

💥 It's almost unbelievable, the advancements one man can ignite. 

4) Bitcoin milestone

📉 As of yesterday, 90% of the entire supply of Bitcoin (21,000,000) has been mined. About every 4 years, the amount of bitcoin that can be mined halves. It's programmed to continue the cycle until 2,140 when Bitcoin caps out at 21 million. 

The current rate of release is 6.25 Bitcoin every 10 minutes. 

It took 13 years to reach 90% of the entire Bitcoin supply., it will take another 119 years to mine the remaining 10%. 
  • On March 31, 2026 - 95% of the supply will be released. 
  • On March 17, 2035 - 99% of the supply will be released. 
  • On March 17, 2048 - 99.9% of the supply will be released. 
It will take 40 years (starting in the year 2100) to mine the final Bitcoin. 
Facebook
Twitter
Website
Copyright © *|2021|* *|GoStrive|*, All rights reserved.
*|Issue91|*

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp