1. Launched Listen Explorer. It'll give you some podcast recommendations based on the podcasts you provide. It's of course in the "Labs" category.
2. Embedded playlists. As more and more people are using Listen Later to build podcast playlists, some of them may want to embed such playlists on their own websites. Click the SHARE button to get the code snippet.
3. Upgraded Elasticsearch to 6.5, which was the biggest achievement of January! The old version I used was 5.5. It took me almost an entire week to finish the migration. The effort pays off. The core search engine is much more performant than before. Yay!
4. Improved podcast / episode recommendations. Example.
5. Built several quick & dirty internal tools to help improve the podcast database's quality, e.g., find & fix invalid audios (podcasts may delete audios or change audio urls). This consumed a few days of my time.
6. Built a few internal tools to fight spams. Yes, Listen Notes has reached the scale that there are more and more spammy activities from malicious users... Google has a dedicated web spam team, btw.
7. A few API improvements.