Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
All I will say this week is that the election feels like the penultimate bumper double episode of a weird first season of a global show called "2020". I can't wait for it to end.
Stay sane, stay safe!
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My recommendations for this week
1. Inside Facebook’s quadruple play: How the company is finally melding its apps Link
2. Forecasting the US elections Link
3. Why Breathing Is So Effective at Reducing Stress Link
4. How the Coronavirus Got to Donald Trump Link
5. How to get promoted Link
6. The Race to Redesign Sugar Link
7. The Insane Scale of Jeff Bezos' Wealth Visualized Link
8. A TikTok house divided Link
9. The Students Left Behind by Remote Learning Link 10. Inside eBay’s Cockroach Cult: The Ghastly Story of a Stalking Scandal Link
My Tech Recommendations for this Week
1. Hype Man of the Century Link 2. The Inside Story of How Signal Became the Private Messaging App for an Age of Fear and Distrust Link
3. Toyota’s robot butler prototype hangs from the ceiling like a bat Link 4. HOTorNOT shaped the social web as we know it Link
5. 5 digital marketing predictions for a post-pandemic economic recovery Link 6. Techie Software Soldier Spy Link
7. Pay with your Palm Link
8. Google launches AI secretary that waits on hold for phone users Link
9. Resilience and Vibrancy: The 2020 Data & AI Landscape Link
10. New Brain-Computer Interface Transforms Thoughts to Images Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.