Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
It's hard to avoid the spoils that Black Friday has to offer. In context, this year was a balance between retailers trying to stay afloat and consumers balancing their cash. I bought my annual supply of protein powder and vitamins.
It was difficult to actually find the higher quality articles this week primarily as we sit between a final run in the year and everyone figuring out when the vaccine will take shape. There is certainly a long road ahead and we will need take each step at a time. The common approach is to vaccinate the most vulnerable first - but there are also some other approaches that we could consider, including focusing in on those most social - the potential superspreaders. I don't think that is crazy. What I do think is crazy is vaccinating those perceived as having the most valuable lives. Because if that happened we would have anarchy.
Let me know what your success rate was in reviewing the real humans(article 2)
Stay sane, stay safe!
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My recommendations for this week
1. The Two Sides of Diego Maradona Link
2. Designed to Deceive: Do These People Look Real to You? Link
3. It’s not just you — work psychologist confirms COVID-19 made jobs suckier Link 4. The Vulnerable Can Wait. Vaccinate the Super-Spreaders First Link
5. The Reigning Queen of Pandemic Yoga Link
6. Amazon Wants to Get Even Closer. Skintight. Link
7. Inside YouTube’s plan to win the music-streaming wars Link 8. The Promise That Tested My Parents Until the End Link
9. The ‘Omics’ of Exercise Link
10. The Joylessness of Cooking Link
My Tech Recommendations for this Week
1. The Self-Driving Car Is a Red Herring Link
2. What Everyone Got Wrong About ‘the Long Tail’ Link 3. When A.I. Falls in Love Link
4. Can Shopify Compete With Amazon Without Becoming Amazon? Link
5. Part human, part machine: is Apple turning us all into cyborgs? Link
6. The COVID vaccine challenges that lie ahead Link
7. The Imposter Link
8. How to Save Democracy From Technology Link
9. The biggest tech fails of 2020 Link 10. The Ethics of Rebooting the Dead Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.