Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
Part of curating this list is deciding what the must-reads are - and that can vary significantly person to person. Inevitably, the articles I recommend to you are the ones that I inevitably believe that you would most benefit from. That said, what I learned the most from this week sits squarely in the tech section especially in trying to understand methuselarity or the prevention of ageing.
This week, I recommend all my articles! But I especially recommend A7 which explains to you how the influencers of the world work, especially through one of the biggest out there Addison Rae. I'd spend 5 minutes on the chaos of what the Internet has become (T5) and I'd spend 30 minutes on T2 to see which companies are defining our new world.
Despite these recommendations, many of you will be drawn to A3, because it is covid related, A4, because your sleep pattern is so messed up after a year, but also A2 and A1, because you're still struggling with your work colleagues and you're worried your boss is watching you at home.
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My Reading Recommendations (A)
1. 'Missing from desk': AI webcam raises remote surveillance concerns Link
2. What a Year of WFH Has Done to Our Relationships at Work Link
3. COVID-19 Is Different Now Link
4. Why You Stay Up So Late, Even When You Know You Shouldn’t Link
5. People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’ Link
6. What’s the Minimum Dose of Training to Stay Fit? Link 7. The Beauty of 78.5 Million Followers Link
8. This Is Where 150 Years Of Ignoring Anti-Asian Racism Got Us Link
9. The State of Studying: How the Pandemic Has Affected Study Habits Per Country Link
10. Too Much Focusing Is Draining. Here's A Better Strategy Link
My Tech Recommendations (T)
1. Methuselarity by 2035 – and it’ll be free Link 2. The a16z Marketplace 100: 2021 Link
3. The big reset: Data-driven marketing in the next normal Link
4. Scientists Created an Artificial Early Embryo From Human Skin Cells Link 5. The internet is chaotic. Is it also boring? Link
6. Making honey without bees and milk without cows Link
7. Outgrowing software Link
8. What Data Can't Do Link
9. Buy This Column on the Blockchain! Link
10. The debate about cryptocurrency and energy consumption Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.