Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
Welcome to my new readers. A heap of you have turned up from I don't know where, but you're very welcome! This week, I recommend two unrelated articles one on coffee (A7) and the other on sleep (A9). I've recommended articles before on getting your flow on and find the right sleep. Even though there's an ongoing push to cleaner living, I still believe in the premise of coffee to kick start the day (and then abstain from caffeine post midday).
The article that will get you thinking the most is the one that will make you imagine that devices will be embedded in your body (T2), but it's actually one of ownership versus renting, which has been the prominent software model of the past decade. This looks like it will govern our lives moreso, especially as we think of the upcoming digital-related "purchases" we may make over the coming years (cellphone, electric cars, cloud services).
I loved A4 about reading with attention.
For those of you in England, crossing every limb that matters to make sure that football comes home.
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My Reading Recommendations (A)
1. 'Overwhelming Success': Researchers Praise Iceland's Four-Day Work Week Trials Link
2. Stop Selling to Gen Z Link
3. How Pep Guardiola and Marcelo Bielsa primed England for glory Link 4. How to gain more from your reading Link
5. I Signed Up to Write College Essays for Rich Kids. I Found Cheating Is More Complicated Than I Thought Link
6. Do We Really Need to Take 10,000 Steps a Day for Our Health? Link 7. The invisible addiction: is it time to give up caffeine? Link
8. Unvaccinated people don't only risk their own health: Their bodies become 'variant factories' Link 9. The great sleep divide Link
10. Your next vaccine could be grown in a tobacco plant Link
My Tech Recommendations (T)
1. Humans will always be in control of AI weapons. But the age of autonomous war is already here Link 2. In 2030, You Won't Own Any Gadgets Link
3. Ultra-contagious COVID Delta variant "wreaking havoc" worldwide Link
4. Study Finds Link Between Tooth Loss and Cognitive Impairment, Dementia Link
5. How Virtual Reality Unveiled a Unique Brain Wave That Could Boost Learning Link
6. Russian Researchers Clone Cow To Produce Milk for Lactose Intolerance People Link
7. The Internet Is Rotting Link
8. Why Are Gamers So Much Better Than Scientists at Catching Fraud? Link
9. Flying cars will be a reality by 2030, says Hyundai’s Europe chief Link
10. Netflix Is Losing Its Cool Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.