Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
One of the surprising results of this pandemic is how some products that you wouldn't know that you needed became real requirements of daily life. The economics of undersupply and dominance of brand has resulted in significant profits for some products without the need for marketing or trade deals. The business model of big tech is different. So how will it take advantage? Naomi Klein's article is the one that presents how the world might be. You must read it.
Stay sane, stay safe!
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My recommendations for this week
1. Doctors keep discovering new ways the coronavirus attacks the body Link
2. How big tech plans to profit from the pandemic - Naomi Klein Link - Defining the future
3. Loud talking could leave coronavirus in the air for up to 14 minutes Link- talk softly
4. Coronavirus vaccine: reasons to be optimistic Link
5. COVID-19: Why We Must Reset Our Thinking Link
6. Silicon Valley Rethinks the (Home) Office Link
7. Your attention is now just 15 seconds Link
8. The Future 100 Link - must read
9. Amazon to the Rescue of the Fashion World! Link
10. How Sporcle followed trivia fans from bars to Zoom and built a $2.5M business Link
My Tech Recommendations for this Week
1. The robot assistant that can guess what you want Link
2. Forget Exercise—These Mice Got Ripped With Gene Therapy Link
3. AI after the pandemic Link - must read
4. Rethinking Digital Platforms for the Post-COVID-19 Era Link
5. You Can Now Attend VR Meetings—No Headset Required Link
6. The Confessions of Marcus Hutchins, the Hacker Who Saved the Internet Link
7. This Was Supposed to Be the Year Driverless Cars Went Mainstream Link
8. 2020 Tech trends Link - I missed this in March, it's great
9. Our weird behavior during the pandemic is messing with AI models Link
10. Dogs Obey Commands Given by Social Robots Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.