Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
I missed the Study Web article in May and managed to get to it this last week. It's a real eye opener to the ways that students study. The traditional route of teacher-directed doesn't quite work anymore. Students are piecing together nuggets of information from multiple sources to facilitate learning - YouTube, TikTok and the like. It's not new but it's a clear eye opener. (A5)
The McKinsey Top Tech trends article is your 5-minute primer on what is happening right now and what's coming. (T4) Understand the Peleton revolution and why peeps are addicted to it? If not, A4 is your friend. And for those of you who have grey hair, apparently it's reversible T9.
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My Reading Recommendations (A)
1. Cancel Amazon Prime Link
2. Lockdown was not a sabbatical Link
3. The Secrets of ‘Cognitive Super-Agers’ Link 4. Towards a Unified Theory of Peloton Link
5. Caught in the Study Web Link
6. UN warns of worst ‘cascade of human rights setbacks in our lifetimes’ Link
7. Four Day Workweek Link
8. They lost their loved ones to Covid. Then they heard from them again Link
9. As The Pandemic Recedes, Millions Of Workers Are Saying 'I Quit' Link
10. How Finance TikTok Is Navigating 'Meme Stock' Hype Among Young Investors Link
My Tech Recommendations (T)
1. Robot 'rosetta stone' will unify the bots Link
2. These companies hope to (literally) resurrect the dead Link
3. He Thought He Could Outfox the Gig Economy. He Was Wrong Link 4. The top trends in tech Link
5. Israel Is Sending Robots With Machine Guns to the Gaza Border Link
6. The Boy Who Could DeFi: Meet the 13-Year-Old Who Built a $7M Money Manager on Ethereum Link
7. Mind Reading Helmet Now Available Link
8. Toyota announces new capabilities for domestic robots Link 9. Stress study shows graying hair is reversible Link
10. A Bee Cloned Itself Millions of Times Over the Last 30 Years Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.