Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
This week I tried to get further into understanding NFTs (A2) and the future of money. And no, I haven't quite figured it out yet. Let me know if you have! T1 is a great rant about the state of money and the Coinbase IPO, I think, is the legitimization of bitcoin, crypto and the like (T4). You'll find lots of edge case sci-tech including chimaeras, brain chips and implant false memories - but what stood out for me was the story of how AI Software wrote a Nirvana Song. For those of you who grew up on the angst of Kurt Cobain, you won't quite believe that it's not his voice. (T6). There's also some fake Amy Winehouse as part of the Lost Tapes of the 27 Club.
Using the right words are important (A9)
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My Reading Recommendations (A)
1. How People Get Rich Now Link 2. Non-Fungible Taylor Swift Link
3. A Casino Gets Hacked Through a Fish-Tank Thermometer Link
4. The Ponzi Career Link
5. Nightmares becalmed Link
6. Your Burnout Is Unique. Your Recovery Will Be, Too. Link
7. Don’t Take Your Head Out of the Clouds! Link
8. The Stoic Antidote to Frustration: Marcus Aurelius on How to Keep Your Mental Composure and Emotional Equanimity When People Let You Down Link 9. Find the Right Words to Inspire Your Team Link
10. Out of thin air: the mystery of the man who fell from the sky Link
My Tech Recommendations (T)
1. BidenBucks Is Beeple Is Bitcoin Link
2. International team creates first chimeric human-monkey embryos Link
3. Brain Chips and Biometrics: The Future of How We’ll Consume Music Link 4. Coinbase Valued at $86 Billion in ‘Landmark Moment’ for Crypto Link
5. Meet FN Meka, the World’s First AI Robot Rapper Who Sells NFTs Link 6. In Computero: Hear How AI Software Wrote a ‘New’ Nirvana Song Link
7. Scientists can implant false memories and reverse them Link
8. Viewing vascular trees to diagnose disease Link
9. Controversial 'Chimera' Embryos Made by Scientists Are Part Human, Part Monkey Link
10. China’s Digital Currency Is About To Disrupt Money Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.