Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
In the journey that we will make towards an AI-centric world (are we there yet?) I recommend reading the words of Daniel Kahneman (T1). The article hints at an inevitability of a world where we don't win - and if that is the case, how do we play? And if AI is a subject that continues to intrigue you, there are a couple of other article that will support your education, including PWC's report (T3).
I'm still a little in shock at the unravelling of Bill Gates (A6) and wonder if legacy will maintain. But I'm most worried about how Covid is ravaging the Seychelles when vaccinations are so high there. (A1)
For something a little more mind boggling, imagine what sport will be like in thirty years (T10).
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My Reading Recommendations (A)
1. COVID is surging in the world’s most vaccinated country. Why? Link
2. What Would It Take to Vaccinate the World Against Covid? Link
3. The Anxiety of Influencers Link
4. You Can Only Maintain So Many Close Friendships Link
5. The Pandemic Was Bad for Our Teeth. Will It Change Oral Health Forever? Link 6. Bill Gates will never be the same Link
7. Numbers won't tell us when the pandemic is over Link
8. Lessons from the pandemic’s superstar data scientist, Youyang Gu Link
9. A customer-centric approach to marketing in a privacy-first world Link
10. Scientists say there's a clear link between Facebook and depression Link
My Tech Recommendations (T)
1. Daniel Kahneman: ‘Clearly AI is going to win. How people are going to adjust is a fascinating problem’ Link
2. The app that lets you pay to control another person's life Link 3. AI predictions 2021 Link
4. The Pentagon Inches Toward Letting AI Control Weapons Link
5. AI’s Future Doesn’t Have to Be Dystopian Link
6. NFTs: Are they the future of the music industry? Link
7. How Roblox Sparked a Chaotic Music Scene Link
8. Neuroscientists Have Followed a Thought as It Moves Through The Human Brain Link
9. Cryptocurrency in 2021: still dysfunctional nonsense, unusable by normal humans Link 10. Sport 2050: 60-minute matches and rolling subs - a World Cup like no other? Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.