Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
Here in the UK, we are starting to see Covid cases spike again. I think I'm resigned to another lockdown, although I feel we have been in lockdown since March. With healthier and younger people now appearing to be getting symptoms and being infected, my thoughts align with Bill Gates' article. 2021 is going to be a write-off. The question will remain on the vaccine - when it will be ready and how it will be distributed to us all.
AI Tutors is an interesting concept. Can you really get technology to help you learn? All this is possible with machine learning in signposting your next learning goal whether that's formal education or teaching you something to support daily life goals.
Stay sane, stay safe!
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My recommendations for this week
1. The covid-19 pandemic will be over by the end of 2021, says Bill Gates Link
2. AI Tutors: Machine Learning to support Learning Link
3. How Netflix Rewrote the Hollywood Script Link
4. How a Massive Bomb Came Together in Beirut’s Port Link
5. Intelligent Minds Like Tim Cook and Jeff Bezos Embrace the Rule of Awkward Silence. You Should Too Link
6. In Rural Fukushima, 'The Border Between Monkeys And Humans Has Blurred' Link
7. How Facebook profits from polarization Link
8. One Sperm Donor. 36 Children. A Mess of Lawsuits. Link
9. What Pizza Is Like Around the World Link
10. I was skeptical about attending Burning Man in VR, but it’s great Link
My Tech Recommendations for this Week
1. It’s Time for a Reckoning About This Foundational Piece of Police Technology Link
2. Facebook's smart glasses could give you hearing superpowers Link
3. Inside TikTok's killer algorithm Link
4. Engineers Have Figured Out How to Make Interactive Paper Link
5. T-Mobile used a 5G-connected robot to give someone a tattoo Link
6. The Creature that eats its own Brain Link
7. What Coronavirus Means For The Future Of Self-Driving Cars Link
8. AI Can 'Bring People Back to Life' and Selfies Will be Used to Make 3D Clones, Expert Claims Link
9. The future of 'brain chip' technology: Balancing whether we can with whether we should Link
10. Self-powered biosensors may open up new paths to medical tracking, treatments Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.