Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
Last week a heap of you signed up to The Factual and Blinkist - I'd love to hear what you thought - and whether these types of recommendations are useful.
The concept of Metaverse has continued to be a talking point in media week on week and will be a part of our future. While Kevin Kelly coined the term, it may be the Zuck who will be the architect of this multi-meta-world (T7, T8). I'd also suggest a read of McKinsey's report on the Future of Wellness. (A3)
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My Reading Recommendations (A)
1. The Surprising Benefits of Talking to Strangers Link
2. Biotechnology Greed Is Prolonging the Pandemic. It’s Inexcusable. Link 3. The future of wellness: Connected and customized Link
4. Elite Students are Debating Hot Button Issues on an Invite Only TikTok Clone Link
5. What Are Stores Even Thinking With All These Emails? Link
6. The Story of the Death of Segway Link
7. Disney’s Star Wars hotel is just like Westworld: only for the wealthy Link
8. Your brain is on overload. This is how to augment your intellectual capacity Link
9. After Alarmism: The war on climate denial has been won. And that’s not the only good news. Link
10. How The Pandemic Is Inspiring Gen-Z To Rethink Their Education And Career Link
My Tech Recommendations (T)
1. Hundreds of AI tools have been built to catch covid. None of them helped. Link
2. This new Tokyo café has robot waiters controlled remotely by disabled workers Link
3. The Sacking of a Crypto Mecca Link
4. The lost history of the electric car – and what it tells us about the future of transport Link
5. How Google quietly funds Europe’s leading tech policy institutes Link
6. Amazon will pay you $10 in credit for your palm print biometrics Link 7. Move over, space. Tech billionaires have a new utopian boondoggle: the ‘metaverse’ Link
8. Mark Zuckerberg’s Metaverse Already Sucks Link
9. Can robots care? Link
10. With Apple’s backing, can an app help heart attack patients navigate recovery? Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.