Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
Ill push you to two areas this week:
Climate Change - The IPCC report is out and it's not good news. A8, A4, A3
How the Pandemic Ends - Ed Yong, always excellent, plays it out for us A2.
I also recommend the dark data piece (T1)
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My Reading Recommendations (A)
1. What are the long-term effects of the COVID-19 pandemic? These 5 trends give us a glimpse Link 2. How the Pandemic Now Ends Link
3. A Nasa Scientist explains why the Weather is becoming more EXTREME Link
4. The era of 'rapid' climate change has begun Link
5. The Evolution of Beyonce Link
6. Exercise Vigorously for 4 Seconds. Repeat. Your Muscles May Thank You. Link
7. The Pain Was Unbearable. So Why Did Doctors Turn Her Away? Link 8. We read the 4000-page IPCC climate report so you don’t have to Link
9. What I Learned From Watching Every Sport At The Tokyo Olympics Link
10. What We Think We Know About Metabolism May Be Wrong Link
My Tech Recommendations (T)
1. He predicted the dark side of the Internet 30 years ago. Why did no one listen? Link
2. A dog’s inner life: what a robot pet taught me about consciousness Link
3. How Sweden became the Silicon Valley of Europe Link
4. CyberDog is a new ominous-looking robot from Xiaomi Link
5. Soft robot chameleon changes color in real-time to match background Link
6. Chinese scientists develop world’s strongest glass that’s as hard as diamond Link
7. Augmented Reality Is Coming for Your Ears, Too Link
8. Apple’s Mistake Link
9. How Figma Became Design’s Hottest Startup, Valued At $10 Billion Link
10. WeWork book: The $10 trillion mirage Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.