Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
We're either in the middle or the cusp of a second or third or fourth spike globally. The world is in a different place to where we were in March, so we do have hindsight on what went right or wrong, so I'm hopeful. But I'm also scared, scared of another lockdown, scared of homeschooling and scared of the stark reality of what this might mean for friends and family. Anyway, head down, ease up on the socialising and look forward to getting through this - again.
I have emboldened my fave articles. My question to you all is this: would you prefer a weekly list of 5, 10 or 20 articles? I'd appreciate your candour or a quick reply with your preferred number.
Stay sane, stay safe!
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My recommendations for this week
1. Facebook Has Been a Disaster for the World Link
2. Inside a British facility that could mass-produce a COVID-19 vaccine within weeks Link 3. What will education look like in the future? Link
4. Future proof? Four scenarios for the future of schooling Link
5. Six problem-solving mindsets for very uncertain times Link
6. The reinvention of retail Link 7. The Crushing Reality of Zoom School Link
8. The Billionaire Who Wanted To Die Broke . . . Is Now Officially Broke Link
9. Chinese database details 2.4 million influential people, their kids, addresses, and how to press their buttons Link
10. The U.S. Is on the Path to Destruction Link
My Tech Recommendations for this Week
1. AI Waiter in Korea Link
2. Inside Apple's 'Bionic Virtual Meeting Room' Link
3. Lab-grown bone could change the way we test new medical treatments Link
4. AI-powered weight training Link 5. The future is cyborg: Kaspersky study finds support for human augmentation Link
6. Researchers ready world-first vision restoration device for human clinical trials Link
7. Trump Wants to Cripple TikTok and WeChat. Why? Link 8. Decentralised Futures Link
9. These 15 innovations are helping us fight COVID-19 and its aftermath Link
10. How to train a machine to see 3-D in the dark Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.