Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
Please spend 47 minutes (or 30 on high speed, but I think you might struggle) listening to Scott Galloway's analysis of where the world is going. You won't regret it.
Stay sane, stay safe!
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My recommendations for this week
1. Scott Galloway: Post Covid (47 MInutes) Link
2. Why media formats (like Snapchat Stories and TikTok music videos) become hits? Link
3. Daniel Ek on how he spends his time, learns and makes decisions. Link
4. Scar Tissue - Predictions of the Long Term Behavioural Scars of the 2020 Recession on Gen-Z (deck) Link
5. Stage of company, not name of company Link 6. I Lived Through Collapse. America Is Already There. Link
7. How to remember what you learn Link
8. What Strength Really Means When You’re Sick Link
9. The (Mostly) True Story of Vanilla Ice, Hip-Hop, and the American Dream Link 10. Returning the Gaze Link
My Tech Recommendations for this Week
1. New Injection can Gene Edit part of the Brain Link
2. New ‘A.I. lawyer’ analyzes your emails to find moneysaving loopholes Link
3. A smarter, more capable Flippy robot knows how to fry 19 things Link
4. Researchers develop artificial intelligence for early prediction of COVID-19 from standard blood tests Link
5. CRISPR is Dead Link
6. How to Make AI More Humane Link
7. Agriculture’s connected future: How technology can yield new growth Link 8. Inside the US campaign to cut China out of the tech supply chain Link
9. US Army trials augmented reality goggles for dogs Link
10. Over 1,000 AI scanners are monitoring how close pedestrians are walking to each other in major UK cities Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.