Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
I had a lighter reading week than normal as I took a week out to unplug, spend some time with family, be a little less tech and more cultural. Luckily the British weather provided the opportunity to soak up some sun. Unfortunately, that may just be the end of our summer!
Introspection spurs me on to recommend an excellent article about the passing of time (A6) as well as one on where you might sit on the introvert scale (A8). I'm always interested in what Barack has got to say (T2), even if it is doomsdayish!
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My Reading Recommendations (A)
1. Naomi Osaka Is Part of a Larger War Within Sports Link
2. How the World Ran Out of Everything Link
3. How the Covid shock has radicalised generation Z Link
4. The Age of Reopening Anxiety Link
5. 5 Behavioral Biases That Trip Up Remote Managers Link 6. The Tyranny Of Time Link
7. Inside The ‘World’s Largest’ Video Game Cheating Empire Link 8. Yes, You Can Be an Outgoing Introvert—Here Are 3 Signs You Fit This Personality Profile Link
9. What the West Gets Wrong About China Link
10. The Brain-Changing Magic of New Experiences Link
My Tech Recommendations (T)
1. The App that monetised doing nothing Link 2. Barach Obama: Humans could be extinct in 100 years Link
3. Gadgets have stopped working together, and it’s becoming an issue Link
4. The ‘Talking’ Dog of TikTok Link
5. Now proven against coronavirus, mRNA can do so much more Link
6. Researchers Say They've Finally Sequenced the Entire Human Genome Link
7. World’s largest meat supplier grinds to a halt after cyberattack Link
8. A rogue killer drone 'hunted down' a human target without being instructed to, UN report says Link
9. 1918 flu mutated to become deadlier in later waves, century-old lungs reveal Link
10. What Robots Can and Can't Do for the Old and Lonely Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.