Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
I'm writing this while sipping on Jasmine Green Tea. I'm not a tea connoisseur but in searching for a recommendation for my wife, I've found that my current cuppa, along with my proper cuppa Tetley (no surprise) don't make the tea longevity list. A6 is for you if you want to live long as Prince Philip and longer than DMX.
The Atlantic gave me much to think about in the categorization of friends a few months ago. A1 is another of those articles and will get you thinking about your supposed besties. Read it.
Two great long reads including the missed call market (T4) and, sadly, on Xinjiang (A5). If Bitcoin is of interest, then also read about the Winkelvii (T6).
Also, I have to recommend that you watch Neuralink's Monkey, controlling objects with its mind. (T1). Crazy world.
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My Reading Recommendations (A)
1. The Best Friends Can Do Nothing for You Link
2. Meritocracy and the future of work Link
3. A third of Covid Patients are diagnosed with Brain Disease Link
4. When can we resume "high-risk" activity? Link 5. Surviving the Crackdown in Xinjiang Link
6. This Is the Tea of Choice for Some of the Longest-Living People in the World Link
7. How to Stop Doing Everything Yourself Link
8. How Tech Transformed How We Hook Up—and Break Up Link
9. 100 Days of Brexit: Was It as Bad as ‘Project Fear’ Warned? Link
10. Will.i.am’s $300 face mask is a bet we’ll be masking up for a long time to come Link
My Tech Recommendations (T)
1. Monkey MindPong Link
2. Inside Pakistan’s War on TikTok Link
3. Asian Americans in tech say they face ‘a unique flavor of oppression’ Link 4. Don’t pick up! The rise and fall of a massive industry based on missed calls Link
5. Welcoming Our New Robot Overlords Link
6. Revenge Of The Winklevii Link
7. Digital Transformation In Banking: Banks Have A Long, Long Way To Go Link
8. Infrared Radiation from our hands could be the future of Encryption Link
9. The French army is testing Boston Dynamics’ robot dog Spot in combat scenarios Link
10. Social Media Use in 2021 Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.