Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
For those of you enjoying your Easter break, hope you are enjoying your down time! Historically, long weekends mean that you won't open this email. If you have, I hope you'll find the treats of these great articles!
I have been spending some time thinking of what the future of work might be, how some may enjoy this new approach to work, but I think we could end up in a quagmire that doesn't quite work for anyone. A8, A10 and particularly A9 are great summaries of what life might normalise to wherever you are in the world.
Could Covid-19 be the precursor of a cure to cancer? Or at least an increase in prevention? T1 covers this subject briefly. Both T6 and T9 are great longer reads on what seems to be always topical.
For those of you who know me, know I'm a fan of the walk and talk (A3). It's great to get focus on a conversation. Your brain can only focus on where you are walking and the conversation at hand. Great for final interviews for fit, for catching up and for difficult conversations! Recently it's been good for seeing people at a social distance.
T8 isn't a belated April Fool's Joke!
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My Reading Recommendations (A)
1. Beauty filters are changing the way young girls see themselves Link
2. Why People Keep Asking Which Vaccine You Got Link 3. One Startup’s Solution for Zoom Fatigue? The Walk and Talk Link
4. How to Overcome the Barriers to Self-Care Link
5. The Other Side Of Indian Matchmaking: The Indian Divorce Link
6. I’m a Child of a Hoarder — And I’m Trying to Do Better for My Own Family Link
7. She’s Vaccinated. He Isn’t. Now What? Link
8. The World Is Going Back To “Normal.” For Many People, That Isn’t A Good Thing. Link 9. The hybrid office is here to stay. The shift could be more disruptive than the move to all-remote work. Link
10. Remote Work Is Here to Stay. Manhattan May Never Be the Same. Link
My Tech Recommendations (T)
1. Cancer Shots are next Link
2. AI Run Government Link
3. Gene therapy injected into eyeball restores blind patient's vision Link
4. The Ultimate Incubator: The Brave New World of Bionic Babies Link
5. The Antiscience Movement Is Escalating, Going Global and Killing Thousands Link 6. Do Not Be Alarmed by Wild Predictions of Robots Taking Everyone’s Jobs Link
7. 'Sobriety ankle tags' rolled out across England Link
8. Cows Are Being Fitted With VR Goggles to Increase Milk Production? Link 9. The Mysterious Case of the Dark Kitchens Link
10. The Hard Science of Reincarnation Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.