Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
I rarely share personal projects but I feel obliged to share that this week, my team shipped a completely free resource for any student doing the GCSE in the UK. It's a work in progress but it covers 24 subjects, has 10,000 study sets and really showcases how education can be effective using AI. I'd welcome you to check it out and let me know what you think. For those of you who know students taking the GCSE, please do share it with them. They will thank you.
This week I'd recommend The Conscience of Silicon Valley which is about Jared Lanier, the Oracle of Tech, The Anti-Facebook, which is about Dustin Moskovitz' Asana but there's so much richness in the rest of the articles.
Stay sane, stay safe!
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My recommendations for this week
1. The Conscience of Silicon Valley Link
2. 80 Tips for Remote Learning From Seasoned Educators Link
3. Forget college and debt, Google wants to get you skilled in six months Link
4. A Huge Covid-19 Natural Experiment Is Underway—in Classrooms Link
5. Africa declared free of wild polio in 'milestone' Link
6. TikTok is a unique blend of social media platforms – here’s why kids love it Link
7. Amazon and FedEx Push to Put Delivery Robots on Your Sidewalk Link
8. The Event Industry Is Being Confronted By Its Napster Moment Link
9. Belarus Turned Off the Internet. Its Citizens Hot-Wired It. Link
10. The Anti-Facebook Link
My Tech Recommendations for this Week
1. Neuralink: Elon Musk unveils pig he claims has computer implant in brain Link
2. The robot revolution has arrived Link
3. The Brain Implants That Could Change Humanity Link
4. When will the Covid-19 vaccine arrive? Link
5. The Secret to AI Is People Link
6. Confessions of an ID Theft Kingpin Link
7. For the first time, humans have been placed in biostasis Link
8. Self-charging, thousand-year battery startup NDB aces key tests and lands first beta customers Link
9. Peter “the Human Cyborg” on his groundbreaking transformation Link
10. Palantir: On Business, Cults, and Politics Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.