Welcome - if you love Box of Amazing, please forward this email or share this link on WhatsApp, LinkedIn or your favourite social channel. If you don't love Box of Amazing, please unsubscribe.
Thanks for opening this email on Valentine's Day! Happy Year of the Ox and Happy President's Day - And if that's not relevant to you, then Happy Sunday!
This week, I was drawn to a relationship piece (A5) which aligned well with the Love Languages which will help you assess your relationships. It's quick and free. Do it!
Your regular in-depth Covid piece is A1. A year away from the last time we had regularity, it's scary listening to Bill (T7) - but it's also exciting how it has also refined the future (T1).
The Gen Z world interests me (A1), just because it is so different from how I remember childhood was (guess I'm getting old!). And if you want a little fun, check out the if social media apps were parties (T9).
I know some of you will be intrigued anyway but the BBL piece (A3), but both that and the roommate piece (A7) are excellent deep reads if you have time. TL;DR - I won't be getting a life or taking in a lodger any time this lifetime.
And, just remember, if anyone every claims not to be a cat, they probably are. ;>
Onward! - Rahim
P.S. Use this link to share to your friends and colleagues on Whatsapp.
My Reading Recommendations (A)
1. Everybody Hates Millennials: Gen Z and the TikTok Generation Wars Link
2. A lone infection may have changed the course of the pandemic Link
3. Brazilian butt lift: behind the world's most dangerous cosmetic surgery Link
4. Rhode Island Kept Its Schools Open. This Is What Happened Link 5. The Type of Love That Makes People Happiest Link
6. How to Stop Overthinking Everything Link
7. The Nightmare Share: She posted an ad for a roommate. What’s the worst that could happen? Link
8. The computers rejecting your job application Link
9. Covid-19: Social murder, they wrote—elected, unaccountable, and unrepentant Link
10. Why your brain loves it when you exercise, plus 3 easy ways to work out at home Link
My Tech Recommendations (T)
1. How Covid brought the future back Link
2. Pigs can be trained to use computer joysticks, say researchers Link
3. Elon Musk wants the upcoming Tesla Roadster to hover Link
4. AI Can Now Learn to Manipulate Human Behavior Link
5. Artificial Human Genomes Could Help Overcome Research Privacy Concerns Link
6. New wearable sensor uses nanomaterials technology to detect illegal drugs in sweat Link 7. Bill Gates says the next horrible virus could be engineered by terrorists Link
8. Obesity: Appetite drug could mark 'new era' in tackling condition Link 9. If Social Media Apps were Parties you were obligated to attend Link
10. Why Is It So Hard to Become a Data-Driven Company? Link
Box of Amazing is a personal project that I first started in 2017 to help curate quality articles for myself to fine-tune my reading around emerging technologies and the future. I now send this out by email every Sunday to whoever wants to receive it. The newsletter consists of ten great articles (topical recommended reading) and ten stories (what's amazing!). Box of Amazing now has thousands of readers spanning the globe from San Francisco to Tokyo and across multiple industries including strategy consultancy houses (McKinsey to Bain), from all the FAANG companies (Facebook to Alphabet), from startups to scaleups, from unicorns to brand new companies as well as people just interested in staying ahead of the game. If you enjoy it, please share it with your friends, family, co-workers, enemies, competitors, pets, potential love interests and others who are interested in learning about the emerging technology and trends that will affect us all in this lifetime. If you have been forwarded this email, you can sign up at boxofamazing.com - it's free.