Dance Block + Communications Associate
Part time - 3 days/week, 9am - 6pm
Proposed Starting Date – September 4th with training in mid-August
- Support Dance Block rental program for dance artists - manage online booking program, primary communications with artists, provide access and orientation to studios, work with studio owners to address issues, ensure smooth operation of program overall.
- Organize and lead communications - including FABnyc’s monthly newsletter and eblast, active social media posting on multiple platforms, press releases and notifications of FABnyc events.
- Provide administrative support for other FABnyc activities as needed, including FABnyc meetings and events.
Most FABnyc Dance Block studios are not ADA accessible; the position requires ability to climb stairs on a frequent basis, respond quickly to sounds (ex. phone, door buzzer); and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Highly organized, reliable and punctual
- Strong communications and computer skills
- Writing skills, including skills with social media platforms and messaging
- Excellent collaborator, works well in a public facing position
- Familiarity with Lower East Side cultural and/or nonprofit dance community a plus
- Strong references
Hourly Rate: $16.50
FABnyc has a strong commitment to principles of diversity, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender/ gender identity/ gender expression, age, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, HIV serostatus, disability, or marital status.
For inquiries and to apply, send resume and cover letter to
Addison Vawters, Operations Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org