Jam Pudding (serves 2)
Butter (at room temperature), 2oz (50g) plus an extra pat
Caster Sugar, 2oz (50g)
Self-raising flour, 2oz (50g)
Jam or Marmalade, 2Tbsp
Custard, 1 cup (250ml) (optional)
-Grease the inside of two microwave-safe cups or mugs with the additional pat of butter.
-Sprinkle with a little flour and spoon the jam onto the base.
- Using an electric handheld mixer or wooden spoon, beat together the butter, sugar, flour, egg and milk.
- Dive into the prepared cups, cover with clingfilm and pierce a hole in the top.
- Microwave each one separately on high for 1 1/2 minutes, until risen and cooked through.
- Leave to rest for 1 minute.
- You can either eat the pudding straight from the cup or turn it out onto a plate and spoon over some warmed custard.