Do you have an idea that can help people in your community to walk or cycle more? Could your idea help others to explore the local area? We want to hear your ideas and help to make them a reality.
About this funding
£45,000 is available, up to £2,500 per idea, for local community projects which aim to encourage residents to adopt more active travel behaviours.
The aim of the fund is to support local residents to walk and cycle more to work, school and in their daily lives. It will work with local community groups to build long-lasting, healthy alternatives to traditional travel so that as many people as possible can enjoy active healthy lifestyles.
- Do you have an idea that builds on a local strength?
- Do you want to work with others locally to support neighbours to get out and about more?
- Can you help those who are less able to access walking and cycling to do so?
- Do you have an idea for how walking and cycling can support local business?
Get in touch: email@example.com
07741 733 781
So that we can match you up with the best support, please let us know a brief outline of your idea.
Following this, we will be in touch to have a more detailed discussion.
- Ideas don’t have to be overly formulated at this point and will allow us to match people up where appropriate with other groups or people who have similar plans. That way we hope to avoid duplicate bids where we can benefit from sharing energy and expertise.
- Recreational cycling and walking are not within the scope of the project unless proposals have clearly considered how this will lead to a change in travel habits for participants.
- The emphasis of this fund is therefore on walking and cycling for the purposes of travelling.
- The fund is intended to support those facing greatest barriers to active travel and those who are facing greatest health inequalities in the City.
- We will look to take the broadest definition of community activation possible i.e. if something will lead to a greater uptake of actively travelling we want to hear about it, even if it is a less traditional method of tackling these challenges.
- We will endeavour to hold back a portion of the funding to reflect the fact that some proposals may be best started at a later date either due to demand, or to tie in with easing of covid restrictions.