|Congratulations to our
Amazing Girl Scout Volunteers
Thank you for doing all you do, for our girls.
Appreciating Our Volunteers
What an honor to have them in Girl Scouting!
At our August Volunteer Meeting on Monday, August 23rd, we recognized the following fantastic volunteers at a delightful ceremony in the park.
Girl Scouts and our Crossroads Service Unit are honored that they are a part of our organization.
Fall Campout at Butano Creek Girl Scouts Camp
October 8th-10th, 2021
Open to girls in 2nd Grade to 12th Grade
We understand there is a lot of concern about sleeping arrangements for Fall Campout.
Please provide your input on this survey to help us figure out what might work best in order to hold a successful and safe camp.
Link here to Fall Campout Survey
This survey can be completed by ANY FAMILY interested in Fall Campout.
Responses can be provided by any parent, not limited to Troop Leaders.
Older Girls (6th-12th Grade) can help run camp and lead activities for the younger girls
Link here for more information and to register 6th-12th Graders
- $40 for Older Girls and $30 for Older Girl Adults
- Staff limited to 30 girls and 10 adults (*) - Register by Troop
- Must attend 2 mandatory planning sessions on Sunday, August 29th (1p-5p) and Friday, September 17th (5p-7p) [please note location change for 9/17 meeting]
- Registration Deadline for Older Girls has been extended to Saturday, August 28th
Younger Girls (2nd-5th Grade) will earn the Brownie Senses or Junior Detective Badges
Link here for more information and to register 2nd-5th Graders
- $55 for Younger Girls and $45 for Younger Girl Adults
- Campers limited to 90 girls and 25 Adults - Register by Troop
- Registration Deadline for Younger Girls is Friday, September 17th
One adult from each Troop MUST complete "Camp Out Certification"
Link here for Camp Out Certification Information
All adults attending camp must attend a mandatory Zoom meeting on Tuesday, September 28th (7:30p-8:30p)
Guidelines for COVID-19 for GSNorCal Members
Overnight camping is allowed in outdoor settings. Girls may share sleeping structures under the following conditions:
- Parents/guardians and troop leaders agree that girls may share sleeping structures. They can do so provided all parents/guardians review and sign the updated Activity and Event Permission Form.
- Sleeping structures (tents, cabins, dormitories, etc.) are well ventilated with open windows or other ventilation systems in use.
- Campers are distancing as much as possible (sleeping head to foot in ground tents, cots, or sleeping mats separated in buildings, etc.).
Contact Cheryl (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
Welcome Back for S'more Fun
Join us for a Back to Troop Event
Sunday, September 19th, 2021
Val Vista Park, Pleasanton
$3 per person (girl scout, girl scout sibling or adult)
Bring a friend who's interested in joining Girl Scouts for free
As we "Press Play" and start our Troops up again, join us for games, crafts and s'mores, of course!
Link here to Register
Register by individual or by Troop
Contact Darcy or Cheryl (CrossroadsGirlScouts@gmail.com) for more information
gsCommunity Photo Scavenger Hunt
Limited optional commemorative t-shirts available
T-shirt purchase NOT required to participate
Note, delivery of the t-shirts has been delayed - we will reach out once they are in hand to coordinate pick up. Thank you for your patience.
From August 28th to September 19th, we invite you to join us as we promote Girl Scouts in our community with a photo scavenger hunt.
Girl Scouts and their family members can still purchase the optional commemorative "Girl Scouts change the world" t-shirt, subject to availability. No purchase is necessary to take part this activity.
Registration Link Here
Take photos at the any of the suggested locations showing how much you love Girl Scouts. Wear the commemorative t-shirt, another Girl Scouts shirt, or your Girl Scout uniform while taking the pictures. Bring friends along to share the fun. Show them what it’s like to be a Girl Scout.
How to participate
- Register for the event (optional commemorative t-shirt - $8 per t-shirt, sizes Youth Small to Adult X-Large; $10 for Adult 2XL and $11 for Adult 3XL).
- Between August 28th and September 19th, go out and take pictures at any of the suggestion locations.
- Share your pictures on our Crossroads Service Unit Facebook page or email to email@example.com.
- Continue to share your Girl Scout pride during Join Girl Scouts Week (September 9th-19th) by wearing your commemorative t-shirt while outdoors.
- Public Park
- Public Garden
- Community Center
- Public Art
- Post Office
- Bus Stop
- School or College
- Government Building
- Museum or Performing Arts Center
- Place of Worship
- Grocery Store
- Your favorite community space
- Planting a tree (Girl Scouts Tree Promise)
- Performing community service
- Participating in the Honoring Changemakers Service Project
We hope you will participate in the gsCommunity Photo Scavenger Hunt wearing the commemorative t-shirt, another Girl Scouts shirt, or your Girl Scouts uniform.
September 2021 Edition
Link here to read more
- Retail Store News - huge inventory blowout sale!
- Fall Fair - an adult learning enrichment opportunity on October 23rd
- Discoveree - need workshop leaders
- Events Calendar - amazing programs around animals, the outdoors, dancing, STEM, art, writing, sisterhood, and more! Registration for Fall Programs will start on 9/1/2021.
- Renew by October 31st
- Fall Take Action Program Dates (October 2, 2020 – November 21, 2021)
- 2021 Fall Take Action Program Troop Kickoff September 11 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Renew Your Girl Scouts Membership
Press Play with Girl Scouts
- Log into your account
- Go to "My Household"
- Select "Membership" for each member to renew
If you have girls who did not renew this past year due to the move to virtual format, let them know that in-person meetings are starting up again.
They can renew now and have their membership extend all the way to September 2022!
New girls who join now are also eligible for extended membership.
Crossroads Facebook Closed Group
We have a "closed group" on our Facebook Page. This for adults who are registered Girl Scouts and are screened and cleared. Because this is a closed group we can share more specific information about service unit events and happenings within Girl Scouts.
If you would like to be a member of the closed group, use the link to our Facebook Home Page (click here), once there click "More" then "Groups". From there you can request to join the group. Once an administrator has verified your membership and volunteer clearance you will be added.
If you notice you have not been approved, be sure to check your Facebook messages. Sometimes we need to email and follow-up with questions, as our Girl Scout and Facebook names may be different.