The Island Capsule is a publication of the PEI College of Pharmacy and is forwarded to every registrant of the College on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month.
Pharmacy Appreciation Month
PEICP would like to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, students and other pharmacy staff members during the past two years. COVID-19 has presented many challenges and you have remained open and accessible to your patients, contributing significantly to healthcare delivery in the province. Thank you!
Registration Renewal Deadline Reminder
The PEICP Registration Renewal Portal is now open for Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, and Managers to renew registrations. The Registration Renewal Portal can be found on the PEI College of Pharmacy website.
The registration renewal deadline (including payment) is March 15, 2022 at midnight. After this date late fees will apply. If renewal is not completed by March 31, 2022 at midnight, your registration will expire and reinstatement will be required.
We highly recommend accessing your account and starting the renewal process before the deadline to ensure there are no issues in completing registration renewal.
A few tips for a successful renewal:
1. Ensure that you have the required documentation either submitted previously to the PEICP office or have it ready to upload into the portal. Registrants will be unable to proceed with their renewal if there are expired certifications (e.g. CPR, Insurance, CRC).
2. Extended Practice Certifications are also renewed at the same time as the registration renewal. Failure to renew EPCs at the time of registration renewal will require manual renewal by the PEICP staff.
3. Pharmacy Managers no longer require two profiles and logins. Pharmacy managers can renew the pharmacy permit in their own registrant profile.
4. Carefully review your personal information and employment information and make corrections as needed.
5. Carefully read and review each of the declarations at the end of the renewal. If you do not understand a declaration, please contact the PEICP to discuss.
6. Payment can be made by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by cheque. There is no password required. If paying via e-transfer please note the name and invoice number in the notes when completing the e-transfer.
If you have any issues during the renewal process, please contact the PEICP office by email email@example.com or by phone 902-628-3561.
Is Your Registrant Account Locked?
One of the security features of the registrant portal is two-stage authentication in the form of security questions. You would have chosen three security questions and answers when you set your account up. The system is designed to lock your account after three failed attempts at answering a security question. Answers are case sensitive. For example, if you entered "Test" as your security question answer upon initial set-up, "test" will not be accepted as a valid response.
After your third failed attempt, please contact the PEICP office and staff will unlock your account and send you a temporary password for access. Unfortunately, once your account is locked, you are unable to use the "forgot password" button to receive a temporary password.
PEICP is working with the software vendor to reduce issues with the log in process.
ISMP Canada Safety Bulletins
ISMP Canada has issued two safety bulletins in 2022. Please click below to review the bulletins.
In follow-up to several recent reports of incidents involving medications used to prevent organ rejection, a multi-incident analysis was conducted. The analysis identified system vulnerabilities, and selected system safeguards to improve medication safety.
Paxlovid (a co-packaged product containing nirmatrelvir and ritonavir tablets) was recently approved by Health Canada for the treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 in adults at high risk for progression to severe disease.
Visiting the PEICP Office
If you need to visit the College office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-628-3561 to make an appointment.