en anglais --- In English:
Dear Devotees and Congregational Members,
In view of the growing concerns surrounding the global health crisis about the spreading of the coronavirus, we want to reassure all our devotees and congregational members that we are taking every precaution possible to protect us all. Thus, following the lead of many other ISKCON Centres, we are implementing a few necessary precautions while holding our larger gatherings. So for the Sunday Festivals over the next 2 months, as well as the upcoming Gaura Purnima Festival on March 9, 2020, we request everyone to PLEASE FOLLOW THESE PRACTICAL PRECAUTIONS:
- If you are sick in any way with cold or fever or flu, please do not come to the temple for the safety of others. And please see a doctor and get checked out and make sure that you are not infected by the coronavirus.
- All of our cooks, vegetable cutters and servers are required AS THEY ENTER THE TEMPLE KITCHEN TO PLEASE WASH THEIR HANDS thoroughly with hot water and soap and wear gloves. And no one will be allowed in the kitchen or serve prasadam if they have the slightest symptoms of cold, coughing or flu.
- Also during arati, we will not pass around a flower for everyone to smell, and we will not have the caranamrita available.
- Anyone who knows of anyone in their workplace or school who has been diagnosed as a possible carrier of the Coronavirus SHOULD NOT COME TO THE TEMPLE for at least two months. You can also please take the same precautions for all your family members.
- Please spread the word since not everyone may be on our email list. We will notify the community if we have to implement any further precautions.
So let us all use our God-given common-sense to cooperate towards containing this health threat to the best of our collective abilities.
Yours in the service of Lord Krishna,
Gokulananda das, vice-president for ISKCON Montreal