Discuss a shared challenge, brainstorm ideas for a project, or learn more about a case study in our 30 minute chats. You can subscribe to a lightning chat calendar on Google calendar or on iCal or revisit past chats in the archive (login for full access). Here's what's coming up:
Jobs, Fellowships, and Funding
Shoutout to Caroline Bauman, Rossilynne Culgan, Mazin Sidahmed, and Alex Veeneman for posting these on Slack! Check out the #jobsandinternships and #grantsandfunding Slack channels to see what other opportunities Gatherers are sharing.
There are many new postings this week, so here is a small selection. Check out the full list in our related Slack channels, linked above.
- The Membership Puzzle Project has put out its final call for research proposals. Proposals are due Feb. 28, should be one page max, and should be completed by the end of May. The MPP sunsets in August 2021, so take advantage of their final round of funding. As always, you can ask the MPP questions on Slack.
- The Peer Learning + Collaboration Fund is open! “The Peer Fund will now support small awards, up to $1,000 per collaborator, for reporting efforts that directly serve communities of color.” Learn more and apply here.
The Gather Slack is the thriving hub of our community, where we brainstorm together, ask for and offer advice, and connect with each other. Sign up as a Gather member to join Slack.
Hot Read: "9 Top N.Y. Health Officials Have Quit as Cuomo Scorns Expertise
- Decision-making frameworks: What kinds of frameworks or matrices do you use for making decisions? Especially when it comes to deciding between several options with no obvious “winner.” Help a Gatherer out.
- Corrections policy: Is anyone willing to share their corrections policy from social media? One Gatherer has to write one from scratch and is looking for ways to start. Share yours on Slack.
- Paid acquisition training: What are some good virtual training / professional development opportunities on paid acquisition platforms? Join the conversation.
- Subscribers-only: A Gatherer is looking into starting a Facebook group for subscribers and is curious about best practices for starting such a group. Post your insights here.
- In-depth workshop: Tune in on Tuesday, March 9 to hear Ashley Alvarado do a deep dive (3 hours, to be exact) into KPCC/LAist’s community centered engagement strategies. This event is hosted by Southern California Public Radio and the Center for Cooperative Media at Montclair State University through the Peer Learning + Collaboration Fund. RSVP here.
" By J. David Goodman, Joseph Goldstein and Jesse McKinley for The New York Times. (This is the Gather community's most-shared story on Twitter this week. Look for other 'hot reads' in Friday's Nuzzel newsletter and in the #reads channel on the Gather Slack.)