Discuss a shared challenge, brainstorm ideas for a project, or learn more about a case study in our 30 minute chats. You can subscribe to a lightning chat calendar on Google calendar or on iCal or revisit past chats in the archive.
Check out the replays from our most recent chats (login to view):
Jobs, Fellowships, and Funding
Shoutout to Annie Z. Yu and Mazin Sidahmed for posting these on Slack! Check out the #jobsandinternships and #grantsandfunding Slack channels to see what other opportunities Gatherers are sharing.
Engagement Editor, Politico:
“We’re looking for a creative and motivated journalist to grow our audience, push innovation and make our journalism shine off-platform.” The team is looking to hire ASAP, so feel free to email Annie Z. Yu
with questions. Location: Arlington, VA.
Chinese Community Information Ecosystem Assessment Lead, Documented:
“Documented is working in collaboration with the Listening Post Collective to conduct research that will form the basis for a new vertical and beat at the publication focused on Chinese New Yorkers.” This is a part-time consultant position. Requires Cantonese or Mandarin language skills. Location: New York City. Deadline: 3/7.
The Gather Slack is the thriving hub of our community, where we brainstorm together, ask for and offer advice, and connect with each other. Sign up as a Gather member to join Slack.
Hot Read: "How to get engagement buy-in from your newsroom
- Celebrations galore: Every Friday we like to share good news, and last Friday was full of good news. Gatherers celebrated project kickoffs, joys in life, feelings of belonging, and big professional accomplishments. If you need a pick-me-up, start at the top for a jolt of joy.
- Audience and arts journalism: One of our most popular threads last week was about interesting audience models for arts journalism. Read the thread and share your insights!
- Seeking infographics: Do you have a favorite infographic that “conveys a step-by-step process with some complicated info?” One Gatherer wants to visualize the legal reporting process for sexual assault survivors and their loved ones. Share your favorites here.
- Training on advanced grant writing: RevLab at The Texas Tribune is hosting a free, four-week training program on advanced grant writing. Learn more about the training and contact Rodney Gibbs on Slack with any questions.
- Google Analytics 4: A few Gatherers are looking for some training or documentation on “how to use Google Analytics 4 for people who used the previous GA." Have a resource to share?
" by Bridget Thoreson on Medium. (This is the Gather community's most-shared story on Twitter this week. Look for other 'hot reads' in Friday's Nuzzel newsletter and in the #reads channel on the Gather Slack.)