Jobs, Fellowships, and Funding
Shoutout to Thomas Seymat
for posting these on Slack! Check out the #jobsandinternships and #grantsandfunding Slack channels to see what other opportunities Gatherers are sharing.
2021 Corps Member, Report for America:
“Do you believe journalism is a public service? Applications to become a Report for America corps member are being accepted now, until Jan. 31, 2021.” Location: Newsrooms nationwide. Deadline: 1/31
Audience Interaction Producer, Wall Street Journal:
“We're looking for someone with a deep understanding of news and consumption habits and audience behavior on social channels, as well as experience in reaching the audience where they are. You will focus on bringing our audience into our programming and community-building, expanding our reach to new audiences, and creating and implementing engagement and audience growth strategies.” Location: Flexible within U.S.
The Gather Slack is the thriving hub of our community, where we brainstorm together, ask for and offer advice, and connect with each other. Sign up as a Gather member to join Slack.
Hot Read: "Audience work is more important to journalism than ever
- Promo timeline: How far in advance of an event do you start promotion? When do you see a registration spike? Help a Gatherer out.
- Latinos in Idaho: Gatherer Sami Edge (2019-20 API Community Listening Fellow) partnered with Nicole Foy to collaborate on a listening project for Latino students and families in Idaho. Learn about their work.
- Closed captioning: Someone is looking for resources on using closed captioning on Zoom meetings. Have something to offer?
- Twitter analytics: A Gatherer wants to know whether you track Twitter Analytics, and if so, to what end? Do you use Twitter’s built-in metrics or look elsewhere for something a little more descriptive? Join the conversation on Slack.
- Paid Mailchimp: “What are some paid MailChimp features you can’t live without?” One Gatherer wants to consider all their options before reverting to the free plan. Share your thoughts here.
" by Samantha Tomaszewski for Poynter. (This is the Gather community's most-shared story on Twitter this week. Look for other 'hot reads' in Friday's Nuzzel newsletter and in the #reads channel on the Gather Slack.)