Get your school board candidates to sign this pledge and let's change the culture of our schools! Spread this pledge far and wide!
SDGA Candidates Pledge
I, _________________________, PLEDGE TO THE VOTERS OF ____________________________
THAT I WILL DO MY UTMOST AS AN ELECTED OFFICIAL TO
1) Promote education that cultivates in our children a profound respect for our nation's founding principles and the U.S. and New Hampshire Constitutions;
2) Promote an academic program that teaches that all people are created equal and have equal rights and responsibilities under the law;
3) Prevent school faculty and staff from politicizing education, while respecting the free speech of individuals and the educator code of conduct;
4) Insist on maximal transparency to the public, including, but not limited to, curriculum, budgeting, grants, expenditures, bidding, academic outcomes, school environment, etc.;
5) Respect that parents are the ultimate authority of their children's values, education, and well-being;
6) Pursue academic excellence through an academic program actively overseen by the elected representatives;
7) Advocate for reading, writing, and arithmetic as foundational to academic advancement;
8) Treat all academic program innovations or changes with healthy skepticism;
9) Represent the residents of the school district by responding to questions, being prudent in budgeting, and holding administration and faculty accountable to those residents;
10) Hold administrators and staff accountable when they fail to uphold these standards.