We thank the Lord for the gracious giving that He has given us through so many of you. We thank y’all for your continued prayers and support. Please continue to pray and seek the Lord’s will concerning giving to the ministry of Haven. We are currently way down in our support. Please pray and consider helping us at this time. Lots of amazing ministry opportunities are in front of us! We hope to have more impact as we are enabled through the prayers and support of our Haven folks!
1) We continue to thank the Lord for His goodness. The Doctors have put Terri on a gluten free, dairy free and perhaps ultimately sugar free diet to help her with the Hashimoto’s disease and inflammation. She is not liking the changes!!! Scott, Savanna and Conrad are doing well and baby Carmina will be with us all soon! They are praying about a work from home opportunity for Scott. Shawn, Kelly, Tegan, and Apple are doing well. Shawn is well loved at his job. Andy is still happy going to his day program. Some gracious friends donated tickets to the Huskers vs CU game so Andy is very excited to go back to Nebraska in September! Gabe, Shaina and Kaylee are doing well and Gabe is now a fireman with Aurora Fire Department. They just moved into their new house this week! Joey and Johanna and her kids have just moved into an apartment together where she works. Kevin and Kirra are enjoying going back to school and all sorts of other activities. Joey is doing well and meeting with us regularly now. Rose, Austin, CeCe and Bella are doing well and looking to buy a house. Jon is not doing well. The move was a disaster and he was arrested. Please pray for him! Pray for all our kids to honor the Lord with all that they have! My uncle George just died. This was a wonderful man whom was great to everyone. Interestingly enough, his death seems to have opened a big door for me and my father who has had no use for me for the past 8 years. So y’all, please keep praying for our family and especially those who need the Lord!
2) Please pray for some friends and co-workers who have serious health issues. Pray for many who have pressing chronic issues such as Sherri C, Rose R, Liz H, Sheila H, Joanna V, Charlene E, Jason G, Zach M, Duane E, Noah G, Tracie P, Pepper W, Susan L, and others. Our friend Doug Groothuis has just suffered the loss of his dear wife Rebecca. Pray for mercy for him and their family. The same week that happened, I also saw the loss of my Uncle George, my good friend growing up Gary Steiner, who lost his little brother and our friends Ray and Sheila lost their young adult son Zachery to cancer. This was a hard time for many of our family and friends. Pray for all the families involved. Pray for dear friends and mentors Jim and Ossie who have had a terrible struggle with their adult daughter and her extreme health problems. Pray our Father shows mercy! Pray for the daughter of a pastor/friend of ours. Her name is Amber and she is still struggling with a terrible stroke! There are many others of you who are in this audience who have major health issues. We pray our Father shows mercy in all these things. Pray for our dearest friend Susan who has some frustrating health conditions and lost her husband this past year!
3) Pray for the miracle of repentance and reconciliation in the marriages or now ex-marriages of Debra, Mike, Cheryl, Leon, Susan, Janelle, and way too many others.
4) Pray for the salvation of the Scientologists, Muslims, Gnostics, Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Hindus, Buddhists, and many others that we have talked to. Please pray for all the people that we have witnessed to over the years, whom can be referenced in the past Haven Newsletters. Please pray for Michael and Miguel, both of whom are Urantia readers. Continue to pray for my atheist student Ben who is meeting again with me soon! Some really good things going on there I think. We met with the family of Brendan - the Mormon missionary who had come to our house several times. We had a good talk with them and find a good balance between trying to get them to see the issues with Joseph Smith, and the reality that the family had just had a son commit suicide. It was a good talk and we anticipate meeting with them again next year. We also went to a local Mormon church for a concert with Brendan and several of his missionary friends. So Terri and I were there with several hundred Mormons and a lot of missionaries - many of them had been to our house over the past two years. Lots of good talks. Terri and I had good talks with three different kinds of Mormon in Independence recently. One of them Ken had been raised a Christian and just moved to Chile where he is going to a Christian church again, so please pray the leaders will disciple him well. We are continuing to talk to him as well. Pray for Jewish New Ager Ron whom I had a great talk with recently. Pray for all the folks!
5) Pray for the Haven staff. Pray for their support raising efforts. Pray for their ministry and for all of us as we go to different events. Pray for the Lord’s grace and mercy to mark everything we do. The staff continues to grow with new associates and interns. Pray especially for one of our staff - Rose – who has some difficult health concerns. Pray for her husband Mark and all the family please. The staff is up to 21 with new staff and another new intern! So we thank the Lord for the fellow workers and we all thank you for your prayers!
6) Please pray for our many friends and their children who are serving with our military. The reality of militant Islam is that we are now in what many think is another chapter of a very old war. This sadly is getting much worse lately. Hardly a day goes by without Muslims killing innocents somewhere in the world. Pray for soldiers like Miguel, Matt, Josh, Nick. Heath and Will. Pray for the Marines like our nephew Eddie and Matt. We thank the Lord for all of them and so many others who serve us. Pray for soldiers like Chung as well as military folks serving as 1st responders such as Donavan and Gabe!