I wanted to take a moment to welcome you and introduce myself and Skyview Middle School PTSA to you! My name is Barbara (Barby) Taheri and I am excited to be serving my second term as PTSA President. I have a 7th grader at Skyview, a 4th grader and a 4 year old. We transitioned to Skyview last fall, and I definitely remember the need for communication and information.
I know things are very up in the air and we are all feeling a bit disconnected, isolated and uncertain about virtual learning. Please know that our PTSA is working to find ways of connecting you (our families), with the school and our communities. I know when moving into middle school, from elementary school, it is a big change for everyone-- you are no longer able to volunteer in the traditional sense and I know many of us still want to stay involved. While that may look different, there are many ways to help at Skyview and one of those is getting involved in PTSA.
Please send me any questions you may have about Skyview and I will gladly respond and help in any way that I can.
Welcome to Skyview!!!
Now to introduce Skyview MS PTSA. There are many ways to help. It may look different than your elementary experience with PTA, but it is not any less important.
WAYS TO HELP:
- JOIN PTSA by clicking: Membership here!
- Sponsor a teacher PTSA membership
- Help with participating in Partnerships by collecting Box Tops, using Fred Meyer Rewards & Amazon smiles by clicking: Partnerships here!
- We do NOT hold any fundraisers through sales or drives. The school holds a magazine fundraiser drive to support ASB events and is not affiliated with PTSA. We only ask with a “Pass the Hat” donation to monetarily support PTSA. All funds go directly back into the events/activities/grants that embrace Skyview PTSA mission & goals. Please consider donating to PTSA: Pass the Hat here!
- Like our FB page: here!
- Volunteer for a committee or an event, check here to join our volunteer list.
- Bring a food donation when we have staff appreciation: see MailChimp newsletters for sign up links for each event.
- PTSA is completely funded by generous donations; we do not sell anything.
- We give back to the school directly through gift to school grants for our students.
- You support events like Career Day, Eagle Day (think field day for middle school), Spelling Bee, Multicultural Night and Reflections Art program to list a few.
How PTSA gives back to our students depends on all of us!
Join us September 2nd, more details here:http://skyviewmsptsa.org/Article/View/Celebrate-the-First-Day-of-School-with-Skyview-PTSA
Skyview Middle School PTSA President