"Advocacy happens when members come together and speak on behalf of the students." You do not have to travel to Olympia to be an advocate in Washington for our children and youth – you can be an advocate from your home. To better amplify our voice, WSPTA has designated January 18-22, 2021, as Advocacy Week. Each day has a designated focus based on our member adopted legislative priorities. WSPTA will develop a new message each day based on the focus and send it to anyone who has signed up to receive action alerts through our Action Network.
Here is the current list of engagements (subject to change):
- Monday, January 18 - Call to action: Focus on anti-racism
- Tuesday, January 19 - Call to action: Focus on equity
- Wednesday, January 20 - Call to action: Focus on mental health and wellness
- Thursday, January 21 - Call to action: Focus on preserving and flexing funding
- Friday, January 22 - Call to action: Focus on safety and emergency preparedness