Key information & events to know about:
- RosaLuxembourg Stiftung held a 3-day conference on gas
this September with participants from Europe, Africa and the US. There was excitement to work collectively on (1) a collective action,
(2) frontline community exchanges
, (3) a speaker tour
, (4) outreach
to trade unions, the anti-coal movement and extractivism groups, (5) research
and (6) network facilitation
. If you would like to join one of these activities, keep your eyes peeled on the Beyond-Gas email list,
as information will soon be sent there. Alternatively, get directly in touch with us!
- Global Frackdown on the 14th of October to demonstrate the growing power of the movement to stop fracking! More info here.
- The TAP struggle in Italy is expected to fiercely kick off during the month of October (see picture). The decision of the EIB and EBRD to fund the project will be made on the 18th October and the construction will follow rapidly. The Gastivists will send a special newsletter focusing on TAP next week to explain the struggle in more depth and how you can actively support it.
- “Divest the Globe” 24th October : The Mazaska Talks (an indigenous led group working on the Dakota Access Pipeline) have made a global call for divestment actions on the 22-25th October. European actions will focus on the 24th October.
This is an opportunity to make the link with the resistance against new gas pipelines in Europe and connect these fights. If you feel like preparing an action, this might be the perfect time to go ahead! More info here
- United Against Fracking II in Leeds on the 28th October fracking communities from across the UK will come together to learn from each other and share experiences. They have asked to gather solidarity message for the communities that are expecting fracking to begin before the end of the year. Please, take the time to send a picture/video of your goup with the message “Not here, not anywhere” to Lise (email@example.com).
- Fiji COP23 : we’ll be giving workshops on gas at COY, the People’s Climate Summit and the UNFCCC Bonn Zone. Give us a shout if you would like to be involved.
If you are (or know of) frontline gas communities who would like to attend COP, get in touch with us and we will be able to support.