Bank of Scotland Progress
Following the successful public meeting where future uses for the bank building were discussed, we are now developing a strategy to take forward the ideas and deliver the best resource we can for the community.
Themes from the public meeting included:
- desire for community facilities such as bank, click & collect depot, ATM;
- affordable housing;
- cheaper accommodation for visitors;
- book museum,
- indoor market place (year round version of Kist).
- bank building to support and promote local businesses, like a co-operative;
- workshop space;
- renewable energy sources incorporated;
- community use of the garden.
In the meantime we need to ensure that we have sufficient signatures of support and we would be grateful if you could pass the word around. Residents of Wigtown and Bladnoch can sign up to show their support at either the Beltie Books and Café or Machars Action.
We have contacted the Bank of Scotland to discuss when the building will be marketed and they have confirmed that they expect it to go on the market in October.