Tip of the week
Losing your focus in the afternoon? Try snacking on a grapefruit, peanuts or chickpeas. Foods which have a low glycemic index release glucose into your blood stream more slowly giving your brain a steady supply of energy to help you keep going. Read more about the glycemic index.
Look clever at a cocktail party
Did you know that Leonardo Da Vinci was one of history's greatest procrastinators? It took him 16 years to finish the Mona Lisa & 13 years to finish Virgin of the Rocks. One of his patrons had to threaten him with bankruptcy to prompt him to finish a commission. Many of Da Vinci's most beloved works remain unfinished because of his mastery of the art of dawdling. If only he had a Productivity Planner.
What are Ian, Darren & March up to this week?
Listen to an upcoming show to hear how our experiments went and what we learned!
- Ian is experimenting with Host Defense, a 17-mushroom blend immune support supplement as he prepares to travel this holiday season
- Darren is trying out Bulletproof coffee at a newly opened Bulletproof coffee shop in Seattle
- March is testing the 5 Minute Journal. Hear about it in an upcoming Better Bites mini-episode.
Video of the week
Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator - Tim Urban
Tim Urban knows that procrastination doesn't make sense, but he's never been able to shake his habit of waiting until the last minute to get things done. In this hilarious and insightful talk, Urban takes us on a journey through YouTube binges, Wikipedia rabbit holes and bouts of staring out the window -- and encourages us to think harder about what we're really procrastinating on, before we run out of time.
Product of the week
Fruition One Hundred Percent Chocolate
Listen to Ian, Darren & March sample this 100% cocoa hand crafted chocolate in the next episode. A review on Amazon (which we agree with!):
"Truly the best 100% bar. Unreal how rich and deep the flavor is, with a hint of red fruit. I used to be an 85% choco bar kind of person, but have trended darker and darker. I tried 5-6 100% bars and this is far and away the best. I didn't care for the mainstream dark bars (Ghirardelli, Lindt, etc.) - they're fine but nothing special. If you think 100% cocoa is for baking, think again."
3 things you can do to help the show!
- If you enjoyed this newsletter please forward to a friend. If this was forwarded to you, you can subscribe here.
- Listen to the podcast and if you enjoy it give us a 5-star rating on iTunes. It helps others find the show.
- Join the discussion on Facebook and share your own tips and tricks or ask a question.
All the best in getting better,
Ian, Darren & March