The purpose of the following report is to provide local labour market information for Campbell River and the North Island. The source of the information is obtained from the NIEFS Job Posting database which is compiled and analyzed internally and managed by NIEFS.
What is the NIEFS Job Posting database?
The Job Posting database is a tool in which NIEFS is able to collect information specifically from local employers regarding work opportunities in their business or organization. The information is submitted electronically, by phone or in person by the employer. From here, the information is entered into the database and serves two main purposes:
- To provide client centered information regarding employment opportunities displayed on the NIEFS website, on-site job board and on Shaw cable and,
- It provides specific labour market information on Campbell River and the North Island which allows us to track and analyze economic trends and supply and demand side labour market transitions in the area.
Although the NIEFS Job Posting database is able to track and analyze many labour market indicators, the following are presented in this report for the period October 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018.
- Chart 1: 3-year Comparison Total Job Postings – all Regional Districts (as listed below)
- Mt. Waddington
- Comox Valley
- Chart 2: Total Job Postings by Quality of Employment – all Regional Districts as this can be an indicator of the health of the local economy: Casual; Contract; Full-time; Part-time; Seasonal.
- Chart 3: National Occupation Code (NOC) by Percentage of Total Job Postings
It is important to note that the information collected through the NIEFS job posting database is by no means exhaustive but does represent a large portion of job postings in the region.
For questions or additional information please contact:
Shannon Baikie – MA, CCDP
Community & Labour Market Services
Phone: (250) 286-3441