The year 2021 has started, and we look back on 2020.
2020 was a year marked by Covid-19.
Night Light Café was affected by the current restrictions, and we lost contact with several of the women. Just before Christmas, many travelled to Italy, where some have family and children, and due to the partial lockdown of Denmark, several have not yet returned. The night café is closed for the time being, but we hope it will soon be possible to open again!
THANK YOU for making a difference together in 2020! A diversity of people showed interest in the work. Some became volunteers in various fields and others, both individuals, churches and foundations, supported financially. THANK YOU to everyone!
EXIST and Night Light Café in numbers
- 300 visited the night café, 400 received a cup of hot tea on the street, 160 participated in social activities such as games, manicures, flower and jewellery workshop and fellowship about gospel, song and dance
- due to Covid-19 restrictions, the night café was closed for 14 weeks
- 35-40 volunteers make up the staff in the volunteer work
- 6 sessions have been held for the night café's volunteers with visits from competent people in the field
- 15 students from primarily humanities education participated in several night shifts to write exam papers and do fieldwork
- 11 interns from Copenhagen University College were in two 10-week internships and several journalists participated in night shifts to write articles
- the website got a new look, 4 videos were produced, and a volunteer team focused on the use of social media
- several debates and lectures were postponed due to current restrictions
We are in a good mood, the night café's volunteer can't wait to get started again and we have the finances to continue the good work in Night Light Café in 2021.