|Conference leaders met last week to discuss re-opening of churches since Governor Dunleavy lifted restrictions. Churches have been given the following guidelines in-line with state requirements:
June Virtual Townhall Meeting
Please check with your local church for up-to-date information on its openings and available worship options.
- Follow local, city and village restrictions regarding re-opening
- Designate leader or leaders to implement re-opening plans
- Use face masks when in close proximity with others
- Maintain distance of 6-10 feet from others except for family
- Sanitize hourly, especially highly touched objects
- Suspend potlucks until further notice
- Provide online options for at-risk populations
- Keep a list of attendees for contact tracing purposes for a minimum of four weeks
- Post re-opening signs with church safety protocols
Join our conference officers via Facebook Live on June 28, 6 pm-7 pm, for the the next virtual townhall meeting as administration discusses the upcoming 18th Regular Constituency Session. Text questions to 360-362-0417, state your name and church, then question, ex: This is Michael from Fairbanks, my question is…. If you don't follow us on Facebook, find the search icon and type Alaska Conference of SDA. Be sure to "follow” to receive automatic notifications of other “live”events.
Youth & Young Adults News
Although summer camp has been cancelled, weekend teen and young adult excursions are being planned for July! Watch for more information in local churches, contact Tobin Dodge at 907-346-1004 x 1017 or email email@example.com.
NAD Youth & Young Adult Ministries streams Youth Sabbath School & Youth church every week on Facebook LIVE! Each Sabbath features different guest presenters and speakers. Join Sabbath mornings: NAD Youth Sabbath School 9:30-10 a.m. (EDT); NAD Youth Church 10:15-11 a.m. (EDT).
Virtual Camp Meeting | July 21-25, 2020
Plans continue to bring online camp meeting to Alaska. Here is what's new:
The conference office is now open to the public Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm. Please note that social distancing protocols are in place.
Conference Office Open
- Presentations: Camp meeting will "kick-off" with a live session Tuesday evening with conference president Kevin Miller followed by a presentation from featured speaker Karl Haffner. Each day will consist of two live sessions highlighting conference ministries and outreach along with segments from our guest speakers. Presentations will be posted on a variety of platforms--Vimeo, Facebook, YouTube--for viewing at leisure.
- Children's Programming: The Alaska and Oregon conferences are teaming together to provide a great interactive program for the kids. An app is in development and will be available for download to your mobile device.
- Musicians: Musical features are needed for presentation throughout camp meeting. Musicians will be featured each evening, on Sabbath and as part of the overall presentations. Minimum requirements are 1080p resolution and strong audio. Submissions can be uploaded here. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues.
- 2020 Site Reservations: This year's site reservations will be used to fill requests for the 2021 camp meeting in Palmer in the order received. If you prepaided, funds will be applied to next year or you can request a refund through the treasury department. If you will not be attending next year, let us know by calling the office at 346-1004 x1000 or email email@example.com.
Miss the May Day of Prayer or Townhall?
You can view the Day of Prayer and May Townhall on the Alaska Conference Facebook page or visit the conference website: alaskaconference.org.
Prayer Line | Remote Sabbath School
Conference Friday Night Prayer Line: Friday evening from 7-8 pm & Remote Sabbath School: Sabbath mornings at 9:30 am. Call 800-719-6100; Access code 4760107.
Sabbath School Resources
NAD's Children's Ministries has gathered resources and ideas for parents and care providers to do at home with children. Check out the list for great ideas for parents and churches going virtual.
Free On-Line Kids Magazines
Our Little Friend, Primary Treasure, and Guide in PDF remain free as long as church buildings are closed. Primarytreasure.com has its periodical for ages 6–9 and Our Little Friend, for children birth to 5 years old. Guidemagazine.org is offering its weekly magazine, plus printable games, and vlogs.
Use AdventistGiving to submit your offering through the link on your church website, direct at AdventistGiving or via your mobile device by app [App Store or Google Play]!
Alaska Adventist Radio Network
Looking for Adventist programming? Check out the Alaska Adventist Radio Network broadcasting locally and online:
KQQN 89.3 FM Nome
KSVQ 89.3 FM Gambell
KKLK 89.3 FM Savoonga
KHGQ 101.7 FM Shungnak
KSLK 101.7 FM Selawik
KRGW 106.9 Fairbanks
KUIM 96.1 FM Bethel
KWRG-LP 99.9 FM Wrangell
AARN streams live over the internet at akadventistradio.net. Use your mobile device to tune in while you are driving; it uses very little data! Also featured is the live call-in Bible study Friday evenings at 6 pm (online only).
Alaska Online Worship Services
7 Alaska Conference Organizing Committee Meeting
6 Offering: Local Church Budget
13 Women's Ministries Emphasis Day
13 Offering: Local Church Budget
14 Alaska Executive Committee Meeting
20 Refugee Sabbath
20 Offering: Local Church Budget
27 Offering: YES!
27 Thirteenth Sabbath Offering: Trans-European Division
28 Alaska Conference Virtual Townhall
July 21-25 Virtual Camp Meeting
August 23 Nominating Committee Meeting
August 23 Virtual Townhall | Topic: Future of the Alaska Conference
September 20 18th Regular Alaska Conference Constituency
Copyright © 2020 | Alaska Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
6100 O'Malley Road, Anchorage, Alaska 99507
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.