March 21, 2020
Dear PGPA Physicians and APPs,
Travel restrictions are as follows: Effective Immediately –
- No IES PGPA/JPS related travel outside Texas is allowed for 60 days. This includes international and interstate business, educational, CME, conference, or any activity related to your employment with IES PGPA or credentials with JPS.
- Failure to comply with this travel restriction may place your continued employment with IES PGPA in jeopardy, as it may result in your inability to work due to quarantine or illness.
- You must contact your Medical Director or Leadership if any travel has occurred in the last 14 days or is planned through the next 60 days before returning to campus or meeting with anyone from work.
- Personal travel outside of Texas is strongly discouraged.
- International personal travel may result in illness, inability to return to the United States or a 14-day quarantine upon return which may restrict your ability to work.
- Domestic, interstate travel may encounter unknown travel restrictions in the coming days. Already containment zones, curfews, and shelter in place orders have been issued within the United States. Closures of hotels, businesses, and restaurants have occurred. You may find it difficult to return home as planned and may face illness, quarantine or inability to work based on personal interstate travel.
- Contact your Medical Director or Leadership if any domestic, interstate travel is planned in the next 60 days. We need to know the location and dates of any employee outside the state of Texas for the next 60 days.
Chet Schrader, MD, FACEP
Executive Vice President