New express advising hours starting May 14
Have a quick question to ask an advisor but don't want to wait in line? Your voices have been heard and the summer 2018 express advising schedule begins May 14. Our advising staff is available Tues. - Thurs. for 10- to 15-minute appointments and 30-minute appointments Mon. - Fri.
Schedule same-day express advising appointments in our front office:
- No Monday express advising
- Tues.: 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Wed.: 8:30 - 10:30 a.m., 3 - 5 p.m.
- Thurs.: 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- No Friday express advising
Please note these changes:
- No morning walk-ins will be held on Wed., May 30, due to Freshman Orientation. Afternoon walk-ins will be from 3 - 5 p.m.
- No morning walk-ins will be held on Thurs., June 28, due to Freshman Orientation. Afternoon walk-ins will be from 2 - 4 p.m.
Walk-in and Express advising appointments are for:
- 10 - 15-minute items
- Adding a minor
- Approved course/credit overrides
- Form signatures (Individualized Instruction Form, Concurrent Degree, military paperwork, etc.)
- General inquiries (front desk or advising can assist)
- Graduation verification
- Internship discussions (BIO/HPS/MBB/MIC 484)
Schedule 30-minute appointments for:
- Academic holds (e.g. off track/e-advisor hold, advising liberal arts)
- Career options and interview skills
- Changing a major/adding concurrent major
- Discussing how to obtain research experience
- First-time student appointment (freshman/transfer for on-campus/online)
- Junior check-in
- Long-term planning
- Probation success planning
- Prospective ASU students
- Study abroad planning