Hello Davisville Families!
Here’s what’s news this week around our school:
SNACK IS BACK!
- VISION PROGRAM/TOONIE DRIVE
- MATH SYMPOSIUM
- LOGICS ACADEMY CODING
- COUNCIL MEETING
- SHORT WEEK/LONG WEEKEND
SNACK IS BACK
TOONIE DRIVE FOR VISION PROGRAM
- Snack is back for the spring term - please contact email@example.com if you would like to volunteer!
- We will be sending home forms with your kids asking for contributions towards our snack program - this is an optional contribution but know that it goes towards amazing food options for your kids!!
- THIS IS THE LAST WEEK TO DONATE TOWARDS THIS PROGRAM - KINDLY, IF YOU HAVE A TOONIE TO SPARE WE ASK THAT YOU SEND IT WITH YOUR KIDS - OR LEAVE IT AT THE OFFICE!!
- The TDSB has a special program for students who are visually impaired (partially or fully). These students are integrated into classrooms across the city. A few times each school year, they are gathered for a field trip. These trips come with some large costs, particularly travel. As the students are not at the same starting point, they must rely on taxis to get the children to their destination. This costs them about $1,000 for EACH field trip.
- At recent council meetings, we decided to help these students out. We are asking Davisville Families to consider bringing in a Toonie for these students, and School Council will match all funds raised. Imagine how amazing it would be to help cover their costs! We will put a large container at the front office for students/parents/staff to put in their toonie.
- We will also be collecting your Toonies via a “Toonie Slip” – A simple slip will be put into your child’s backpack – kindly tape a toonie and return back to school!
LOGICS ACADEMY SPRING REGISTRATION
MATH SYMPOSIUM AT WOBURN COLLEGE
- Registration is open for the spring session Coding Programs - please see the flyer attached below for detailed information!
- Grades 1-3 - Robotics & Coding - Jungle Safari
Dash loves animals! Program Dash using an intuitive tablet-based coding language to explore the deepest jungles, discovering new animals, and mimic the strangest of creatures. Use sequences to learn about the habitats that animals live in. Create algorithms to catch and release rare animals. Make a bird call to attract feathery creatures before they fly away. Use variables and loops to create a repetitive trance that will lure animals in with hypnosis. Join Dash in discovering the wonderful world of animals, and the habitats in which they live.
Grades 4-6 - Robotics & Coding - Robot Olympics
Meet Dash, the next Olympic athlete! Using a quick-to-learn graphical language, help Dash complete feats of strength and speed. How did a lovable robot like Dash make it all the way to the Olympic games? Create a story using sequences of Dash’s rise to fame. Use functions (an important tool in coding) to turn Dash into a Soccer and Basketball player. Compete against classmates in long jumps and 100 centimeter sprints. Come learn the skills to win a gold medal in coding!
SCHOOL COUNCIL MEETING
- Want to motivate your kids for math - or are your kids already motivated - check out the Math Symposium hosted by the TDSB on April 7th!!
- Our very own Denis Bell with be supporting the junior math station with a focus on internet based mathematics
- Please see the attached flyer for more details!
SHORT WEEK/LONG WEEKEND
- THIS TUESDAY EVENING WE WILL HAVE A SCHOOL COUNCIL MEETING IN THE GYM AT 7PM!
- EVERYONE IS WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO JOIN IN
- COMPLIMENTARY SNACKS AND CHILDMINDING!
- This week is a short week - Friday is a Statutory Holiday and Monday is a holiday as well - NO SCHOOL!! school starts again on Tuesday April 3rd
- Happy Easter or Happy Passover if you are celebrating - Happy Long Weekend to all!!!
Dates to Remember:
March 27 - School Council
March 30 - Good Friday (no school)
April 2- Easter Monday (no school)
April 6 - Pizza Lunch