Over the past several days since “shelter-in-place” orders were announced, Vintage House has received an outpouring of requests from seniors in need of help. Some are running out of food. Others can’t leave their house due to illness. All are scared and uncertain of who will help them. To respond to this fast-moving health crisis and the local need among our large population of seniors in Sonoma Valley, we have launched Vintage House Delivers! With Seed funding from a local generous donor, Vintage House Delivers will support vulnerable seniors by doing their grocery shopping and picking up prescriptions or other medicines.
How Will it Work? Seniors in need of help can visit our website to find out who qualifies and to learn how to submit a request. All shopping will be done by a corps of local volunteers. To comply with current safety orders, volunteers are unable to enter your home or assist with putting away groceries. All groceries will be left at your doorstep and you will be notified when they are dropped off.
How You Can Help! Are you healthy and do you own your own vehicle? If so, you may be eligible to become a Vintage House Delivers volunteer shopper. Learn more and complete and submit your application.
Support Vintage House Delivers. Vintage House is quickly responding to the growing need for support among our large population of vulnerable seniors. You can help TODAY by making a tax-deductible donation to support this emergency effort. DONATE NOW to support Vintage House Delivers and let Sonoma Valley seniors know that they are not alone.
How We are Responding to the Corona Virus Epidemic
As we updated you last week, Vintage House is closed to the public until at least April 1 but, that doesn’t mean that we haven’t been working hard to respond to the crises and to help ensure that we can continue to support local seniors. Here’s a rundown on the latest since our last update:
As you can see, despite the fact that we have had to temporarily cancel classes and close our doors to the public, we have been hard at work to expand services to support seniors while they are sheltered-in-place.
- We have continued our Friday Soup’sOn! program by providing curbside to-go at Vintage House from 11:30-1:00 PM. Last Friday our Souper’s were not only treated to a delicious lunch courtesy of volunteer chef, Bruce Yelner, but they were also treated to delicious snacks to-go, courtesy of Sonoma Creamery.
- We are in the midst of upgrading our telecommunications system so that we can better respond to the flood of incoming calls and so staff that are working from home can be reached directly through call forwarding.
- We are expanding our collaboration with Redwood Empire Food Bank who will now distribute food baskets from Vintage House 2 days per week, on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month. For more information contact Redwood Empire Food Bank at 707.523.7900 or https://refb.org/
- We are opening up our commercial kitchen to Sonoma Overnight Support, Sonoma Valley’s homeless shelter. Volunteers will be making brown bag lunches to distribute to the homeless in Sonoma Valley during the COVID crises.
- We will be partnering with Ramekins to deliver free meals to local low-income seniors. Details are still being worked out. Stay tuned for more information.
What Else You Need to Know
Support Vintage House
Help support our emergency response to the COVID-19 crises. Your tax-deductible donation of $10, 20, 50, 100 or any amount you can afford will help ensure that we can continue to respond to the needs of seniors in our community. GIVE TODAY!