Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,
The opening of the Gateway Roof Terrace and North Lawn outdoor areas has been well received. We appreciate that the majority of residents have complied with CDC social distancing and face covering requirements in addition to adhering to Gateway rules for these outdoor areas.
A couple of reminders when using these areas;
Roof Terrace: Open Monday - Friday from 9:00am to 8:00pm. Wifi is gateway100
- No Ball Playing or Sports Activities – anything more than a yoga mat in a small remote area is considered non-compliance.
- No Personal Trainers or extensive exercise/workout routines
- No Dogs/Pets
- Tables, Chairs, and Benches set up on the turf should remain on the turf
- Gatherings of more than five people in one group is prohibited. Don’t move tables or chairs to create a group gathering of more than FIVE people. The Gateway community must continue to do its part to allow these openings to be a success. Compliance with CDC, NYC & Gateway regulations are essential. Respect for your neighbors and the use of common sense is equally important.
North Lawn: Opening Monday - Friday from 9:00am to 8:00pm. Wifi is gateway400
Weekend and Holiday Hours for both areas are 10:00am to 8:00pm
We truly appreciate everyone's continued cooperation as we all practice Social Distancing. To have the ability to continue loosening restrictions, Face coverings, Social Distancing, and Frequent Washing of Hands are key factors in NYC's success.
Face coverings: When you are in a Gateway common area, a face covering is required. This includes indoor and outdoor common areas. If you are using any of the Gateway outdoor areas, you should have a face covering with you and if you are within 12 feet of anyone you must wear your face covering.
- Air Conditioners: It is important to maintain clean filters in your apartment air conditioners. The filters pull out from the top area of the cover. These filters can be cleaned in the sink with water and a paper towel. It is okay to put the filter back if it is wet. It is also important to make sure there is no furniture or personal belongings within two feet of the air conditioner. If you would like to set up an appointment to clean your air conditioner filters please contact Gateway management. This service will take about 15 minutes.
- Moving & Receiving Large Deliveries: Moving activities require the use of an elevator. Currently there are numerous elevator reservations on the calendar. If you plan on moving or receiving a large delivery it is strongly recommended that you make a reservation. We will not allow elevators to be used that do not have a reservation. This is very important as we expect a continued increase with elevator reservation requests.
With all that is going on, the attention at 7:00pm to celebrate the heroes of this pandemic has been a little weak. Let's finish the week with increased energy. Please join us tonight at 7:00pm as we continue to honor our Healthcare, FDNY, NYPD, and all frontline professionals. Wednesday nights are extra special at Gateway, as in addition to our front-line workers we honor each other. The Gateway Community has been uniquely kind and thoughtful during this crisis. We know it has not been easy for anyone, and we are grateful for the outpouring of generosity, compassion, and overall sense of community.
Tonight, lets spread positive energy and also turn it up a notch again!
Building Operations Update
Gateway building staff continues to hold up well. We greatly appreciate all of the kind words and gestures directed toward the Gateway building staff.
The building staff continues to focus on frequent daily cleanings of all high touch areas. We have ample protective equipment for all building staff, and a very good supply of hand sanitizer, medical grade disinfectants and bleach products to help us complete increased cleaning of all high-touch surfaces and common areas. We continue to hire outside contractors to perform special cleanings. On Monday, June 1st, we brought in an outside contractor (Purity) to perform a special 90-day protection shield disinfectant service to all main common areas.
The Club at Gateway Update
We are currently working on a re-opening plan. More details will be released in the coming weeks. Currently there is no plan to open the pool. We are waiting on feedback from the NYC Department of Health and our private consultants.
What's your favorite Burger Spot?
Thank you to everyone who responded to last week's question! The top responses, in no particular order, are:
Red Hook Tavern
Bronx Burger Bistro,
Roll n/ Roaster
Broome St. Bar
Palm (West Side)
Jackson Hole (64th St. Location)
and Barnacle Bills (our only NJ location, where they also have the best Shrimp Cocktail)
"Do More Of What Makes Your Soul Happy"
Gateway Residential Management
Song of the Week – "Why Can't We Be Friends" by War