Local Yarn Store Day
Saturday, September 12th, is Local Yarn Store Day (LYS Day), a program designed to drive traffic to local yarn stores. LYS Day has brought thousands of ‘yarnies’ from across the US and Canada to their local shops to see the exclusive, unique products created specifically for LYS Day. Think of it as an international Yarn Crawl! We will have exclusive limited edition items and new yarn company items revealed at the event. We will be open from 10am to 5pm on Saturday. Tents will be set up outside to assist with social distancing.
Introducing the Amaryllis Shawn
The Amaryllis Shawl by Philine Tucker, kit by Dream in Color, is premiering here at Hook a Frog Fiber & Fun. You can see the scarf in progress at the store. It is beautiful mosaic shawl in the luscious reds and pinks of Amaryllis flowers. The shawl is knit flat in six colors of fingering weight Smooshy with Cashmere, in easy mosaic slip stitch patterns, and only one yarn held at a time. It can be worn as a colorful wrap or pretty scarf.
September Round Mountain Fibers Yarns
This is the second month we've carried Round Mountain Fiber
yarns and the new colorways and semi solids for September will soon be available.
These colors will be available in all five yarn bases:
- Entomology - Cicada (upper left)
- Ornithology - Wood Duck (upper center)
- Aquatic - Atlantic Mackerel (upper right)
- Ornithology - Piping Plover (lower left)
- Botany - Rosa Rugosa (lower center)
- Geology - Iron Pyrite (lower right)
Building Series by Michelle Hunter
- Spruce Fingering and Spruce Worsted - 100% Superwash Merino, High twist for increased durability and stitch definition
- Willow Worsted and Willow DK - 100% Superwash Merino, Super squishy glossy base that has both drape and stitch definition
- Alder Fingering - 80% Superwash Merino and 20% Nylon, Incredibly soft with nylon for increased durability
We have the complete Building Series by Michelle Hunter
and the yarn for the Building with Lace sampler shawl, Hikoo Rylie. Hikoo Rylie
is a decadent DK weight blend of 50% baby alpaca, 25% Mulberry silk, and 25% linen. Building Blocks
, Building in Color
, and Building with Lace
are by renowned knitter and teacher, Michelle Hunter. All patterns are supported by Michelle’s excellent, and free, online video instruction. Each book is a carefully designed sequence of patterns that introduce knitting, color work, or lace work starting with the basics and working towards more difficult patterns.