Each year the Foundation for Excellence in Public Education encourages, recognizes, and rewards excellence in the Clarke County School District. Annually, the FFE presents thousands of dollars in awards and grants to educators and students. The FFE is pleased to announce that the nomination window for the 2019 educator awards opens Monday, February 18th. The deadline to nominate an individual is Friday, March 1st.
Historically the nomination process, application process, and gathering of supporting documents occurred in one distinct time frame and were submitted in person, by providing multiple hard copies of the nomination packets to the district office. This year will mark the second in the FFE’s transition to a completely online submission procedure (www.athensffe.org). All nominators and applicants are strongly encouraged to review the information below to familiarize themselves with the new process and deadline changes. We appreciate your patience as we transition to this more streamlined and efficient process.
- The awards process will consist of 3 separate time frames: Nomination, Application, & Supporting Documentation.
- Nomination (February 18-March 1): Nominations may be made by principals/supervisors, colleagues, students, parents, or community members. There is no limit to the number of nominations made by any one school.
- Application (February 25-March 19): Once a CCSD employee is nominated for an award, he or she will be contacted by the FFE awards committee to begin the application process (the later a nomination comes in, the less time an applicant will have to complete the process).
- Primary information necessary to complete the application includes education credentials, contact information for letters of support, and any essays associated with the award (please note that the Stroud, Downs, and Horvat awards require no essay).
- Supporting Documentation (March 4-April 1): During the application phase, the CCSD employee who has been nominated will be asked to provide the names and email addresses for the individuals the FFE should approach for the two (2) letters of support from past or present administrators/supervisors, co-workers, students, parents, or community members.
- To be considered a complete award nomination, all steps must be completed.
- To assist with the overall submission process, the FFE will create several guiding documents; it is recommended that nominators and nominees pay special attention to these documents to ensure all requirements and eligibility standards are met.
- THE DEADLINE FOR AWARDS SUBMISSIONS IS APRIL 1st BY 5:00PM EST.
Excellence in Teaching Awards: Joan D. Humphries and Ken Sherman Double Century
Howard B. Stroud Community Service Award
Bertis Downs District Services Awards (2)
Freida M. Thomas Teacher of Promise Award
Michael Peter Horvat Secondary Coaches Award
Seasoned Teacher Award
Kathryn H. Hug Instructional Leadership Award
Martha Comer Chair for Teachers of Languages
Cardee Kilpatrick Chair for Middle School Teachers
Ann M. Schindel Chair for Teachers of Mathematics
Thomas H. Whitehead Chair for Teachers of Science
Josh Podvin: email@example.com
CJ Amason: firstname.lastname@example.org