Navigating the coronavirus (COVID-19) challenges demands ingenuity, compassion, empathy and spirit. The recommended messaging below will provide you with guidance on infusing the appropriate tone for communicating with families.
- Be empathetic and focus on people:
- Key Message: We understand this is a challenging time. Many of you are now unexpectedly full-time caregivers on top of your role at work. We value you, and we are prepared to support you in this unprecedented time.
- Be action-oriented but never overpromising:
- Key Message: You have questions, and we are committed to answering all of them fully and accurately. We are prioritizing the most immediate needs, and we appreciate your patience.
- Be thankful and optimistic:
- Key Message: Thank you. We’re grateful for your support, dedication, and perseverance.