Easter is almost upon us already so today's little edition will be all about the holidays and what they mean for your dog. Here are a couple of points that will be well worth remembering either now or for your summer hols:
And here are a few more:
- The kennel staff will not brush your dog.
- The home border might brush your dog, but definitely not as well as you do.
- Great Auntie Flo, your mate Karen or your brother John don't even know what a brush looks like.
- None of the above owns a comb.
So, how do you keep your family, home border or kennel staff sweet while you're away? The easiest and by far the kindest method for all concerned is to adjust your dog's final trim before you go on your holiday. Doing a short, neat trim on a well-maintained coat is not difficult, however trying to rectify 2-3 weeks of neglect is. From the perspective of your holiday caregiver, a short, wipe clean coat is a dream. They can get on with giving your dog a fabulous holiday full of muddy walks and tonnes of play without having to worry that each one is going to result in an hour of maintenance at the end to be sure that the dog doesn't get matted in their care. Furthermore, while the dog is on its holiday:
- None of the above admires your dog's flowing locks like you do.
- None of them will appreciate that you brushed and combed Fido to within an inch of his life before dropping them off
- No one will return your dog to you in a better condition than when you dropped it off with them
- Its coat will start growing back,
- You aren't there being upset by it being so short,
- By the time you get home, it will look freshly groomed (length wise) and you won't have to worry about facing your groomer!
This is what the next couple of weeks look like currently.
Free appointments are in yellow text
and the complete list is at the bottom of this section
Monday, 11th April
9.00 Maggie Blundell and Susie Durose
1.00 Rory Gardiner Double Appointment
Tuesday 12th to Monday 18th CLOSED
Tuesday, 19th April
9.00 Mable and Martha Medlock
1.00 Dixie, Frankie and Domino Amabile
Wednesday, 20th April
9.00 Socks Taylor Evans and Sasha Jones
1.00 Amber Morris and London Yuan
Thursday, 21st April
9.00 Leia Cook and Flash Scott
1.00 Koda and Elsa Castle
24th April Style to Rescue Competition The Kennel Club Buildings, Stoneleigh
Monday, 25th April
9.00 Regie Braccetti and Truffle Myers
1.00 Red Thomas (Double appointment)
Tuesday, 26th April
9.00 Maggie Blundell and Tinker Ellary
1.00 Snoop and Teddy Dye
Wednesday, 27th April
9.00 Looby Jackson and Bullett Taee
1.00 Barney Chapman and FREE
Thursday, 28th April
9.00 Lily and Rollo Durose
1.00 Boris and Reg Perry
Tuesday, 3rd May
9.00 Patch and Freddy Day
1.00 Frankie Weaver and Cloggy Perry
Wednesday, 4th May (May the fourth be with you 🤣😉)
9.00 Oakley Knight and Eric Keeble
1.00 Macey Player and Daisy Cochrane
Thursday, 5th May
9.00 Toto Pidgely and Wolfie Kerr
1.00 Maya Hopkins and Lucy Wilkie
Free Appointments May 22
Monday 9th @ 9
Tuesday 10th @ 9
Wednesday 11th @ 1
Thursday 12th @ 1
Monday 16th @ 1
Wednesday 18th @ 1
FRIDAY 20th CPD training
Monday 23rd CANINE FIRST AID COURSE IN CROWTHORNE (£45)
Tuesday 24th @ 9
Wednesday 25th @ 9 and 1
It's available in both the App Store (iPhones) or Play Store (Android). Just remember to use the same email address as you get your appointment notifications from!
Looking forward to seeing you at your next appointment!
Many thanks and kind regards
Katie Rourke Dowding
International Certified Master Groomer
T: 01344 291465 M: 07767 341424 E: Katie@CentreStageDogGrooming.co.uk