NZALT 2022 Awards
NZALT is offering three different Awards in 2022 to support all language teachers:
- NZALT Further Study Awards;
- Exploring Effective Practice Awards
- NZALT 2022 Conference Travel Awards.
Details for all of these awards follow.
NZALT 2022 Further Study Awards
These awards aim to support teachers to upskill via masters or doctoral postgraduate study connected to improving teaching and learning.
Teachers can apply for financial assistance for further language teaching-related study costs of up to $5000 maximum. This funding is to support teachers with the payment of course fees, not for other related costs, e.g. travel and accommodation.
If you wish to apply, please complete the NZALT Further Study Award 2022. You must also email the NZALT secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org, Jo Hawes, to let us know that you have applied.
Deadline for applications for 2022: 5 pm on 11 June 2022.
A maximum of 6 awards will be granted per year. Teachers who have been granted an award may apply in subsequent years.
Rules and Criteria for NZALT Further Study Award:
1. Applications for an award must state:
- Name and school
- Current position
- Description of course of study
- Reason for applying for funds
- Amount requested
- Proposed ways of sharing benefits to colleagues and students.
2. Teachers receiving an award must supply NZALT Executive with a written report suitable for publishing on the NZALT website or in other relevant NZALT publications.
Where qualifications will take at least two years to complete, a short progress report should be submitted by the end of the academic year for which funding has been granted. When the qualification is completed, a final report should be received within two months of the conclusion of study, or at the end of the academic year for which funding has been given.
3. The award may be granted for language teaching-related study at a New Zealand tertiary institution.
4. The amount of funds allocated will be decided by the Executive and depend on:
- the amount of funds available
- the number of applications received
- the nature of the study sought
5. Successful recipients will receive the funds once NZALT has received confirmation of the course of study and associated costs.
NZALT Exploring Effective Practice Awards 2022
The terms of these awards have changed for 2022 due to the continuing difficulty which Covid outbreaks bring to the school environment and the ability of teachers to visit other schools.
Teachers who were successful recipients of these awards in Term Four, 2021, have until the end of Term Two 2022 to use this funding.
Application for the Awards will be available twice a year, with applications for 2022 early Term Three to be used by the end of this year and then in Term Four to be used by Term Two of 2023.
Successful recipients will no longer receive the funding directly but instead have their schools invoice NZALT directly for relief costs and then apply to the NZALT travel agent for travel and accommodation bookings.
If you have any queries about these Awards, please contact Jeni Lemberg.
NZALT Conference 2022 Awards
There will be thirty awards of $750 available to language teachers throughout New Zealand to assist them with travel and accommodation costs for the NZALT 2021 Conference. An application form can be found here.